PDA

View Full Version : Biking Better Than Cars

theBruiser500
06-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Hey guys just in case you didn't know biking is better than driving. Unless you are going far then maybe you should take a car but with short distances of just a few miles bikes are very good. They give you excercise, it's satisfying. It's fun biking, working up a hill is satisfying then going down it feels great. Also, when there is traffic it's really good to pass cars stuck in traffic, or cars that have to stop at a red light that you can sometimes pass on a bike.

When I pass cars on my bike I think, "ahhahah you suck car i am better than you"

IndieMatty
06-10-2005, 04:00 PM
I take cabs.

jakethebake
06-10-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Biking Better Than Cars

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are your statistics to back up this outlandish claim?

stabn
When it is raining are you are [censored] soaked to the bone on your bike i think:

"ahhahah you suck mr biker. i am better than you"

Michael Davis
When are you moving to Tibet?

Sponger15SB
06-10-2005, 04:03 PM
I have gotten three bikes stolen this year, Klepton probably stole two of them.

I now borrow my roomates bikes who steal from campus.

Its a viscious cycle.

DMBFan23
06-10-2005, 04:05 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/DMBFan23/bigpot6.jpg

kyro
06-10-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I pass cars on my bike I think, "ahhahah you suck car i am better than you"

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you wouldn't say it out loud for fear the car would kick your bike's ass.

offTopic
06-10-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, when there is traffic it's really good to pass cars stuck in traffic, or cars that have to stop at a red light that you can sometimes pass on a bike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

jakethebake
06-10-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, when there is traffic it's really good to pass cars stuck in traffic, or cars that have to stop at a red light that you can sometimes pass on a bike.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is when I pull all the way over to the right so I'm butt up against the curb. Damn bicycles. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tbach24
06-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Do you still bike in the winter?

Do people laugh at you when they go by you in the rain? Do people laugh when you pass a puddle together and they splash you and you fall in the puddle?

kyro
06-10-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Do people laugh at you when they go by you in the rain? Do people laugh when you pass a puddle together and they splash you and you fall in the puddle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or do people laugh at you because you look like that kid in the ESPN commercial who does the final "e" in "pressure." Am I the only one who sees this?

Benal
06-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Were you deprived of a bike as a child or something?

kurosh
06-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Bruiser, have you lost it? This is a serious question.

theBruiser500
06-10-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When it is raining are you are [censored] soaked to the bone on your bike i think:

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Mr. Retard, when it's raining I don't bike then I drive. Although in a way it is quite nice biking in the rain, exhilarating.

theBruiser500
06-10-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you wouldn't say it out loud for fear the car would kick your bike's ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

No this is wrong Kyro. Another great thing about bikes is that I can do whatever I want. Bike in the middle of the road, cut cars off, cross side of the roads whenever I want and cars can't do anything about it, they just have to slow down.

theBruiser500
06-10-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Biking in the winter is also nice in a way, exhilarating again.

kyro
06-10-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No this is wrong Kyro. Another great thing about bikes is that I can do whatever I want. Bike in the middle of the road, cut cars off, cross side of the roads whenever I want and cars can't do anything about it, they just have to slow down.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. They DON'T.

tbach24
06-10-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just his rebellious stage.

theBruiser500
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet, maybe I am starting to go crazy though, I don't know

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
Another great thing about bikes is that I can do whatever I want. Bike in the middle of the road, cut cars off, cross side of the roads whenever I want and cars can't do anything about it, they just have to slow down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you never find out how untrue this is. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tbach24
06-10-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another great thing about bikes is that I can do whatever I want. Bike in the middle of the road, cut cars off, cross side of the roads whenever I want and cars can't do anything about it, they just have to slow down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you never find out how untrue this is. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If he never leaves WMass he won't. Bikers and walkers pwn the [censored] out of drivers, it's disgusting.

kyro
06-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Oh and by the way. Please tell your stupid theory to my friend's son. Oh wait, you can't. He was killed on his bike because the truck didn't have to slow down. You are a bright guy bruiser, and yet so dumb.

bennyk
06-10-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really ride like this, you should get your act together.

People who ride like fuckups in traffic get killed. It's not cute, like some hippie thing. It also pisses of drivers, who are then more aggressive towards cyclists.
bk

theBruiser500
06-10-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh and by the way. Please tell your stupid theory to my friend's son. Oh wait, you can't. He was killed on his bike because the truck didn't have to slow down. You are a bright guy bruiser, and yet so dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

what happened to the driver, doesn't he have to go to jail for a few years?

offTopic
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

- ...when they see you
- ...when they have time to react

Whatever, you're either trolling or very mildly suicidal. Either way, carry on.

jakethebake
This was a really nice troll, Bruiser. You should it more often. You're much better at it than Dead. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

razor
06-10-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so what if he was? that seems like small consolation when you are DEAD!

bennyk
06-10-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in most cases, no. it's rare for drivers to get severe penalties for killing cyclists.

i'm not sure that's altogether wrong, since it's typically accidental. often the fault lies with the cyclist as much as / more than the driver.

bk

stabn
06-10-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when it's raining I don't bike then I drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like car > bike after all.

Bulldog
06-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Maddox so used to pwn.

theBruiser500
06-10-2005, 04:47 PM
For the record I drive quite cautiously on my bike. I am talking about though, for instance pulling out of my driveway with the car takes a minute or two sometimes, with my bike it's instantly. Crossing a road with the car sometimes takes a while, with a bike it's easier to do it fast.

namknils
06-10-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For the record I drive quite cautiously on my bike. I am talking about though, for instance pulling out of my driveway with the car takes a minute or two sometimes, with my bike it's instantly. Crossing a road with the car sometimes takes a while, with a bike it's easier to do it fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that Biking is easier and faster than taking the car? Riiiiiight.

For the record, I love cycling, I do it all the time, but you are making stupid hippie arguements.

wacki
06-10-2005, 05:19 PM
watch this video namknils it's impressive

http://www.digave.com/videos/red-web.mpg

kerssens
06-10-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or cars that have to stop at a red light that you can sometimes pass on a bike

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't be crossing an intersection through a red light would you? That would be wrong.

bennyk
06-10-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
watch this video namknils it's impressive

http://www.digave.com/videos/red-web.mpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I'M TAKIN' YOUR CHEESE, MAN! I'M TAKIN' YOUR CHEESE!

bk

Ray Zee
06-11-2005, 03:28 AM
how right you are bruiser. its the way to go. i dont ride in traffic but lots of other places.

Alobar
06-11-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Mr. Retard, when it's raining I don't bike then I drive. Although in a way it is quite nice biking in the rain, exhilarating.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, my favorite time to go for a ride is when its raining.

EliteNinja
06-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Biking rocks.

If you're just going a few kilometres, why drive? You're just wasting gas. Using a 3000lb car and burning gas at <16% efficiency to go a few miles and carry ONE person is dumb.

That's a task perfectly suited for a bicycle.

Advantages:
- You get exercise
- Cheaper than driving
- It's fun
- You look good in spandex

Phat Mack
06-11-2005, 05:28 PM
I've been biking around Vegas for the last week, and am amazed how easy it is. Lots of bike lanes and streets with enormous shoulders--and, get this, courteous drivers. I always let cars make right turns when I'm waiting on a red, and so far no one has taken me up on it--they all hang back and give me room.

PS I'm not recommending biking in Vegas to anyone without experience biking in the heat. The sun will kill you if you don't respect it.

theBruiser500
06-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Phat that sounds cool. I wish it were that way here. This place used to be a small town, now everyone moves here a lot of traffic and there is no where to bike. Thankfully drivers are nice around here but wuold be a lot better if there were actual biking lanes. To my knowledge there are no biking lanes in the city here. In canada, china, and new zealand there was a lot of biking going on they had bike lanes.

Rev. Good Will
06-11-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys just in case you didn't know biking is better than driving. Unless you are going far then maybe you should take a car but with short distances of just a few miles bikes are very good. They give you excercise, it's satisfying. It's fun biking, working up a hill is satisfying then going down it feels great. Also, when there is traffic it's really good to pass cars stuck in traffic, or cars that have to stop at a red light that you can sometimes pass on a bike.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless you get hit by a car, then I like cars better

Dead
06-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Hey Bruiser just in case you didn't know losing your virginity is much better than either biking or driving.

David04
06-11-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Phat

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you for redeeming this thread.

ChipWrecked
06-12-2005, 10:48 AM
I commute by bike rain or shine.... in Cali. that's not so hard. Rain no big deal except the bike gets dirty.

However, bicyclists can be an annoying bunch of pussies.

Any of the Noo Yawkuhs here familiar with the woman who was killed the other day while trying to ride between two trucks in Brooklyn? Amazing how many 'bicycle advocates' believe it was the truck's fault she bought it.

Yeti
06-12-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Bruiser just in case you didn't know losing your virginity is much better than either biking or driving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diplomat
06-12-2005, 11:46 AM
You do realize that while on a bike you are not legally considered a pedestrian, but rather a motor vehicle like any other (ie. car)?

-Diplomat

Clarkmeister
06-12-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so who told you?

DCJ311
06-12-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so who told you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Be nice. Butt virginity counts too.

If you are on a bike, and regularly coast through stop signs and red lights, then you are an idiot and should not be allowed to operate any form of wheel based machinery.

Also, wearing a helmet is lame, but it should be used as well when on a bike.

BradleyT
06-12-2005, 02:22 PM
You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

bennyk
06-12-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any of the Noo Yawkuhs here familiar with the woman who was killed the other day while trying to ride between two trucks in Brooklyn? Amazing how many 'bicycle advocates' believe it was the truck's fault she bought it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was unreal also...but i wouldn't say it cause people get pretty emotional about that sort of thing.

It's still sad, though.
bk

OtisTheMarsupial
06-12-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. They DON'T.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Bruiser, I hope you wear a helmet, because although it is perfefctly legal (in fact it's illegal not to) ride your bike as though it were a car, most drivers don't know that and they actually expect you to ride your bike on the sidewalk or just plain get out of the way of the cars.

Yeah, I had a friend with a VERY SLOW moped and he used to ride it on the side of the road (instead of the middle) becuase the cars and trucks were rude. Well, he got pulled over many a time for riding it off the main road area. It sucks, but too many drivers simply won't share the road.

Roads are for all moving vehicles: bikes, motorcycles, mopeds, horse buggies, cars, trucks... But the cars and trucks don't usually know or care about this and they WILL just run you over.

OtisTheMarsupial
06-12-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh and by the way. Please tell your stupid theory to my friend's son. Oh wait, you can't. He was killed on his bike because the truck didn't slow down. You are a bright guy bruiser, and yet so dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad story.
I hope your friend sued because the truck driver probably did have the legal obligation to slow down.