PDA

View Full Version : Is this push ok? 3-handed at final table

LearnedfromTV
06-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Pokerroom 10 Rebuy. 91 players, down to final 3. Payout 492/328/205.

The third guy (who wasn't involved in this pot) was an allin or fold type maniac and I was trying to have a pair or better before I put too many chips out there now and had been pretty TAG all FT so villain probably respects my raise. Villain is solid and has just taken a chunk out of the other guy to take chip lead from him. He and I have been staying out of each others way/playing small pots and waiting for the other guy to bust. I want to win and am willing to take the right risk... if I bust third then so be it.

No-limit Texas Hold'em $10+$1 (real money), hand #976,364,553

10+1 NL Rebuy Multi Table Tournament, 10 Jun 2005 04:42 AM

View Previous | Next hand for this table.

Seat 2: Button ($56,076 in chips)

Seat 3: SB ($108,530 in chips)

Seat 7: BB Hero [8H,AS] ($81,394 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
SB posts blind ($2,000), Hero posts blind ($4,000).

PRE-FLOP
Button folds, BB completes, Hero raises to $10,000, BB calls.

FLOP [board cards 9D,7S,6S ]
SB checks, Hero bets $6,000, SB raises to $15,000, Hero calls $15,000.

TURN [board cards 9D,7S,6S,3S ]
SB bets $25,000, Hero raises to $56,394 and is all-in...

Thoughts???

LearnedfromTV
06-10-2005, 03:49 PM
My thoughts were - I put him on top pair most of the time, with a reasonable chance he has something stronger... I probably had 18 outs, almost certainly 15. There's a decent chance he folds, since there are straights and flushes already out there and he's betting like he wants to protect against the draws. I may not get paid off if I hit, since both my draws are one-card. I raised preflop so I could have waited till the turn to push a set or overpair as far as he is concerned, afraid of the draws myself now, although the board was scary on the flop so that might not be believable. I figured the few times he has a big hand I still have outs to tie or beat him.

schwza
06-10-2005, 03:55 PM
i'd raise more pre-flop. your hand is good, but you'd be pretty happy to win now. you're giving pretty tempting odds to call. i'd make it 13k to go. what to do against a reraise would be pretty player-dependent - could go either way.

on the flop, i like the bet, but i would probably just push over the c/r. he's likely going to be c/r'ing a lot of hands that can't stand a push, and if you get all-in against 9x, that's fine, and against 7x it's not bad at all. you really can't be in too bad shape unless he flopped a straight.

the problem with the push on the end is that villain only needs to call 30k more in a pot of 100k. he'll call any remotely decent hand now - he's pretty committed. i'd call and plan on folding the river if you don't hit.

yaaaflow
06-10-2005, 05:07 PM
I don't hate a push here, but I don't think you have much folding equity in this hand. with 2/3rds of the river cards that can come you're gonna end up with ace high. Calling the villain's bet will leave you with 30k behind - if you hit on the river you will likely be able to get the rest of your money in, and if you miss you can muck your hand with 7.5 BB left and go into push or fold mode.