PDA

View Full Version : AQ vs prefl reraiser on KQ flop

pleyya
06-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Didnt really know how to play this one. CO is 16.6/11.9/2.9, UTG + 1 and BB are both loose around 50% vpip.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero.....

If i bet and he raises what do i do ? How is checking and calling here ?

coffeecrazy1
06-10-2005, 02:56 PM
I think checking and calling here would be disastrous. This is an easy fold, because of the high likelihood that you're behind somebody. It would be one thing if you were headsup, but I count four people in this thing, and there is a very good chance that one of the other three has a K, regardless of whether it's the CO or not.

Having reads is good and important, but don't lose sight of what is plainly on the board. Lay it down.

damaniac
06-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Stupid multiwayness makes this tougher for me.

Instinct 1: Bet, PRF may raise, protecting hand from gutshots. But...

Instinct 2: Instinct 1 sucks. PFR isn't raising JJ/TT/99 (probably not anyway) on this kind of flop. He is raising AA/KK/AK/KQ (less likely to 3bet KQ here), and probably another AQ (and QQ if he has that). So you are only "protecting" your hand when you have no hand to protect (and the odd times he has the other AQ).

Instinct 3: If he has a lower pp, and your hand is still good, he may check behind if you check, giving everyone a freebie. Against three other players and with a fair amount of possible draws/pair combos out there, this isn't the best thing in the world.

So uh, I think I bet, call a raise and reevaluate on the turn, since lots of cards give me redraws.

damaniac
06-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Depending on action, hero will be getting (if it is not raised to him, which makes the decision easier) 13.5:1 to 15.5:1. He has two probable live Q outs, maybe 1 ace out (discounting for fear of AK and the JT hands), and bd flush (1.5) and straight (I dunno, .5?), so we have something like 5 outs, plus we may be ahead. So folding for one bet sucks, IMO. Call and reevaluate, but the pot is too big to fold and you have too much hand to fold for one bet.

molawn2mo
06-10-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Having reads is good and important, but don't lose sight of what is plainly on the board. Lay it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mucking to the check is pretty weak tight, IMHO. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Be that as it may, bet/call the flop. You have 2nd pair with nut backdorr draws. This plays and plays well.

coffeecrazy1
06-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Oops...misread...lol...yeah...I check and try to get a free card...lol

pleyya
06-10-2005, 04:21 PM
I think your proposed play is pretty good.

So assume i bet, CO raises, BB + UTG+1 folds, i call and turn is a blank. Is it a clear check-fold then ?

I didnt feel like laying this hand down on the flop but i also felt like a lot of CO:s hands probably would have hit this flop + smbdy else might have hit k and i was unsure whether an ace would screw me over or save me.

Drjekel
06-10-2005, 05:26 PM
it's highly likely your behind to at least 1King. Check for free card and re-evaluate.