PDA

View Full Version : Question on first 3 rounds

DMACM
06-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Do you play tighter or looser than this? I constantly argue with my friend about whether it can be advantageous to play more hands early on. In tournys with 1000 or 1500 chips to start do you play even tighter early on or looser? Any opinions appreciated

"So, in the 1-3 rounds, play only the following in positions 1-7:

22-JJ (limp in, cold call min raises only and maybe not with small pairs 22-66)
QQ-AA (raise 3xBB, raise 4-5xBB if there are already limpers in the hand. Reraise any raisers. Get all-in if you can)
AKs,AK (same as high pairs but be carefull about calling huge raises. Any PP is a favorite against you . AK is a good hand to raise all-in with, but you don't want to be calling all-ins)
AQ,AQs (dangerous hands but probably playable. Still, I'd be inclined to limp. If you are not raised you can be reasonably sure you have the strongest ace. If you are raised, you really need more than just a pair of aces because there is too great a chance that a AK might be dominating you. I might muck unsuited AQ in early position to be safe)

In positions 7-10
Play AJs ATs KQs KJs QJs JTs also "
-from AleoMagus guide i dont know how to quote

pineapple888
06-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Well, it's -EV to tell you what I do, so I won't.

But I will say the guide above reflects the average behavior of skilled players.

I agree that it "can" be advantageous to play more hands early. But only if you are highly skilled and fully concentrating on the game. Otherwise, just chill.

You can loosen up some with 1500 chips, e.g., add lower suited connectors. But only for the first round or two.

DMACM
06-11-2005, 12:26 AM
So would this be an exception to the idea that you get looser as the tourny continues? I assume ur recommending playing the small suited connectors only in LP. Although watching a 1000 dollar step today i saw people limping in EP with 79s.