PDA

View Full Version : AQs folded to river bet

rabman
06-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Villian seems fairly solid (19/6 after 30 hands). Can't see him on a 3, but possibly a PP. Right after I folded I looked at the size of the pot and Miller's advice came back to me. Would you have called the river bet? I know I stayed in too long (called the turn raise), but now I wonder if I didn't stay in long enough.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

River: (12.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Nick C
06-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Since CO posted preflop, he could have a lot of hands in this multiway pot, even though he seems tight and did have to call a raise.

I think the river fold is fine. Three other players were still in when CO raised the turn. Although a hand like 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif isn't completely out of the question, I think he'll have a made hand on the turn far more often. And however weak or strong that made hand might be, it beats your unimproved ace-high on the river.

Plus, if by some chance CO did pick up a flush draw on the turn, he made his hand on the river.

PokerSparky
06-10-2005, 03:30 PM
The club on the river made the fold very easy IMO.

gvibes
06-10-2005, 03:31 PM
I think the turn bet is pretty bad, but that's just me.