PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll considerations moving up to 8-tabling....

Karak567
06-10-2005, 01:30 PM
I am going to be moving up to 8-tabling soon (gradually - adding one/two tables at a time till I am used to it).

Do I need to be concerned about higher variance and have a bigger bankroll? Or is this just essentially the same as before?

Also, should I try this out at a lower buy-in level (I play the 33s right now) before I try it at my 33s?

Thanks for the help in advance...

raptor517
06-10-2005, 01:38 PM
when i first started 8 tabling i dropped to the 33s. i was normally 4 tabling the 109s at the time. i would recommend you have an extra 25 buyin bankroll or so just in case you incur any extra swings while adjusting to 8 tabling. holla

igotBlackJak
06-10-2005, 06:23 PM
playing 8 tables should only lower your ROI a little if you are good enough to do so... so, you shouldn't need a bigger BR...

this not make since?

Myst
06-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Get a bigger bankroll. Since you are playing more tables, and your ROI is going to decrease slightly, variance will increase. I have a 100 buyin BR for the 33s right now, and it suits me just fine.

Nick M
06-10-2005, 07:17 PM
a lot of the reason I do things is mental. When I started 8 tabling I doubled my bankroll. It helped me a lot because seeing double the money leave was a little unnerving hahaha i know it sounds silly but as I kept loading up tables I see the number going down and down and down ahhahaha. I think I could probably take some money out now cause it's been a while and I have adjusted.

To answer the question fully...I would think another 50% would do the trick.

DonButtons
06-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Keep 30-50 buyins in each account (I like 40-50, but I never cash out so it ends up being like a million buyins/images/graemlins/grin.gif in each account),or be like raptor and keep like 10 buyins in each account, and constantly going broke /images/graemlins/grin.gif, and going to neteller for more.

stillbr
06-10-2005, 07:51 PM
like others said, your ROI will slightly decrease, and that will cause varience to increase. That said, your current BR(if big enough) should be fine. Just dont be a wuss like me and keep a HUGE BR. I just moved to sng's recently, and am now 6-tabling 33's. I'm trying to keep my br around 300 buy-ins for some unknown reason. Im a wuss.

BTW will you be doing this on 2 monitors? or will you be trying to 8-table on one monitor???

Karak567
06-10-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
like others said, your ROI will slightly decrease, and that will cause varience to increase. That said, your current BR(if big enough) should be fine. Just dont be a wuss like me and keep a HUGE BR. I just moved to sng's recently, and am now 6-tabling 33's. I'm trying to keep my br around 300 buy-ins for some unknown reason. Im a wuss.

BTW will you be doing this on 2 monitors? or will you be trying to 8-table on one monitor???

[/ QUOTE ]

2 monitors. I have my laptop and my CRT both which can fit 4 each without overlap. I have extended my laptop desktop over to my CRT.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I am just going to take baby-steps, try 5-tabling and move up as my BR allows. I have 75x buy-in right now (I'm not confident enough to move up from 33s yet) so I should be ok.00