PDA

View Full Version : AK on a draw heavy board

orange
06-10-2005, 12:22 PM
.10/.25 NL Home Game, 6 players, stacks range from $10-$60.

Hero(~$32) is TAG, Villan(~$13) is a Loose-Passive, losing most of his inital stack with an all-in call preflop with AJo.

Hero is dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the CO, 2 limpers, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.25, only villan in MP calls.

Flop: 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villan checks
Hero bets $3
Villan calls.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villan checks
Hero ??

Whats my play? Do I lead for the turn and fold to a re-raise?

bizaff
06-10-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats my play? Do I lead for the turn and fold to a re-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd lead, but just about any reasonable lead commits you. You don't have any reason to think he has a big hand yet, but you don't want to let another heart drop for free.

You're playing AK, and you hit your K. I'd probably lead $5ish and call a reraise.

I think I'm really struggling with one-pair hands these days, so if I'm off, someone feel free to correct me.

Little Fishy
06-10-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if I'm off, someone feel free to correct me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would correct you but you seem to be right... villain is such a shortstack that you have no way of telling what he has+ he might be tilting because of the hit he just took, even if he isn't tilting he'll call all in with lots of stuff... i say you lead into him, he'll either fold or be so commited that it's all going in anyway.