PDA

View Full Version : Jake's "Am I in trouble" post inspired me to tell this story. vlong

squeek12
06-10-2005, 12:17 PM
I hope I can do justice to this story because it is an incredibly funny and odd one.

Okay, a couple friends and I made this college humor website/blog our freshman year. We maintained it for about two years, then we abandoned it. It became moderately popular on the LSU campus and we got hits from many other colleges daily. These days college debauchery sites are a dime a dozen, but 4 years ago ours was one of about 5 or 10 that I knew of.

One day my friend gets a random message on AIM from a girl at Ole Miss who got his screenname from our site. They chat a bunch on the internet and seem to have much in common. Eventually, they exchange pictures. She seems to dig him very much, and this chick is smoking hot. Perfect 10 hot. One of those college girls that look 28ish but in the best possible way.

Eventually they start building your typical long distance semi-relationship. No commitment but constant communication. Talking on the phone a few times a week. Anyway I eventually get to know her mostly through AIM and a little on the phone. She seems like a very sweet, but sexy girl. My friend even tells me that they have phone sex. I would consider this weak on my friend's part normally, but this chick is so damn hot. By now we've seen over 30 different pictures of her in all sorts of settings.

After a while, we decide it's time for a road trip to Oxford, MS. We arrange to meet for the LSU/Ole Miss football game. My friend is pumped to be meeting this hot ass girl (finally after about maybe 6 months of what has now turned into a pretty serious little relationship).

Then tragedy strikes...her best friend dies in a car accident the week before the game, and our plans are canceled. Oh well, we'll do it another time, no biggie.

A month later, we set up another meeting. The girl is so excited to be finally meeting us in person (she's been wanting to do so since discovering the website). But then, a few days before our meeting, her ex-boyfriend breaks into her appt. and roughs her up a little bit. So she's not feeling comfortable meeting us this time, we'll do it later.

At this point my friend and I are starting to doubt that this girl is who she says she is. I am much more skeptical than he is, mostly because I'm emotionally detached from the situation. Nevertheless, we both start verifying facts that she has given us. Supposedly this girl lives with her grandparents in a huge complex/ranch and is very wealthy. The pictures we've seen tend to support these things. Anyhow, he gets a satellite photo of her address. It checks out, the photo appears to be of a house on a lake with lots of land around it.

My friend also combs the web for obituaries for her friend that supposedly died in the car accident. This is the first real kink in her story as we find nothing to support her story, but hardly solid evidence. It also seems that we have too many pictures for it to be some fat chick just sending us a picture of some random girl and claiming it to be her.

So after a few failed meetings, my friend stops calling her, and only sometimes talks to her on AIM. Eventually, we don't hear from the girl for what has to be almost a year. Fast forward to about 3 months ago. The girl suddenly starts to sign in to AIM again, and we all start talking about finally meeting up to meet one another. We tell her it's going to be her last chance to make good on her promises. We hint at the fact that we're not sure she is who she says she is, and she seems genuinely insulted by this. Since she also loves poker, we decide to all go to Tunica for a weekend. She offers to pay our room and even bankroll us. My friend and I are thinking this is too good to be true, so we start digging into her life a little again. My friend still doesn't want to believe that she's not who she says she is, but I'm surer than ever now.

Finally my friend comes across some useful information on the internet by searching the coffeehouse that she voluteers at. At the site there is a link to a webpage she has made to support her cousin in Iraq. We look though all the pictures and none of them contain anyone remotely resembling her. Hmm... Seems to me she's pretty much busted, but not exactly. But we can't tell her we've been snooping into her life, so we have no way to call her on the website. I come up with the idea to ask her if there are any traces of herself on the internet, and she says not to her knowledge. Finally, we caught her is a bold-faced lie. But I still don't want to call her on it because I now feel bad about snooping. We read a little more into her website (which is extremely amateurish).

I come across a post in the guestbook mentioning that the girl had recently been studying for the ACT. THE ACT!!! Holy ish, we must have been duped by a high schooler, how could this be, she sounded very mature over the phone and over the internet. Nah.

So I start grilling her some more over the internet without giving up too much of our evil scheming. She acts very confused by my line of questioning and is very convincing in her ability to wiggle out of a corner. Finally I decide to call bull ish on her and blow this whole 2 year ordeal out of the water. So I do, and the [censored] hits the fan, big time.

I am a married man, and have kinda flirted with her over the computer and said some things I would not like my wife to hear. She threatens to call my house and tell my wife terrible things...I take my phone off the hook immediately and am scared to death at this point b/c she has my phone number. I immediately alert my friend who goes into damage control.

He ends up talking this 23 year old high school dropout, who is overweight, poor, and very unattractive out of calling my house to fcuk up my family. He assures me that the girl is harmless and very mentally unstable. Come to find out he threatened to tell her family about the stunt she pulled on us if she ever called me or my wife. I mean I thought for sure she was going to try to kill us, it was obvious to me that this girl was insane. Everytime the phone rang for the next two weeks I made it a point to answer. Thankfully, we never heard from her again.

I'm sure this type of thing isn't all that uncommon, but this time it ended very scarily for me. That girl had enough dirt on me to do some real damage to my life. Probably the most terrifying two hours of my life was when my friend was talking her off the ledge. I will never screw around with anyone my friends or I meet on the net.

Unfortunately there are many details that make this story more fascinating that would have made the post way too long, but I thought I'd share anyway.

Pocket Trips
06-10-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately I left out any details that make this story even slightly interesting , but I thought I'd tell a long rambling story with no real point to it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

squeek12
06-10-2005, 12:31 PM
i actually agree, after I typed it up I realized it did no justice to how it all actually went down. but it took so long i just had to post it anyway. i was pot committed.

hoopsie44
06-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Good save.

DMBFan23
06-10-2005, 12:35 PM
am I the only one who knew the general gist of the ending about a quarter way through this?

dude smoking hot chicks dont have phone sex with dudes they meet on the internet

jackdaniels
06-10-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was pot committed.

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY nice save.

Voltron87
06-10-2005, 12:58 PM
someone tell me if this is worth reading

swede123
06-10-2005, 01:02 PM
I found it pretty amusing.

Seriously though, the fact that you guys were suckered for so long is pretty pitiful. I mean, when the meeting got cancelled at the last minute for the second time you should have given up any hope that she was telling the truth.

Swede

-Skeme-
06-10-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His friend starts chatting with some super hot college chick on the phone. Then OP starts chatting with her. They're supposed to meet chick on a few occasions, but due to mysterious and fishy circumstances, the college chick doesn't show. They find out it's not a hot college chick, it's some ugly fat HS student. Nothing funny ensues. That's all.

fluff
06-10-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His friend starts chatting with some super hot college chick on the phone. Then OP starts chatting with her. They're supposed to meet chick on a few occasions, but due to mysterious and fishy circumstances, the college chick doesn't show. They find out it's not a hot college chick, it's some ugly fat HS student. Nothing funny ensues. That's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

See? That's how you play the hand without getting pot commited.

Voltron87
06-10-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did i ask for a summary, or a judgement on whether it is worth reading?

-Skeme-
06-10-2005, 02:39 PM
I assumed you wanted to know whether it's worth reading because the original is a [censored] novel. I can't tell you what you'll find funny. Most of your posts are stupid as hell, so I doubt we have the same taste in reading material. Read my summary and decide for yourself you asshat.

meep_42
06-10-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dude smoking hot chicks dont have phone sex with dudes they meet on the internet

[/ QUOTE ]

BusterStacks
06-10-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't tell you what you'll find funny. Most of your posts are stupid as hell

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding.

I found the summary very helpful. thanks

Voltron87
06-10-2005, 02:50 PM
where did i say anything about humor?

i said i wanted to know whether its worth reading, not a summary or whether its funny.

ps- im just being a nit

BusterStacks
06-10-2005, 02:51 PM
you suck and post too much. seriously.

Eurotrash
06-10-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i was pot committed.

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY nice save.

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron87
06-10-2005, 02:53 PM
so i cant be in your secret ignore society? guess im not cool.

BusterStacks
06-10-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so i cant be in your secret ignore society? guess im not cool, funny, insightful, intelligent, witty, useful to the forums whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Voltron87
06-10-2005, 02:57 PM
great comeback. you must be the coolest kid in junior high.

BusterStacks
06-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Yeah, you could only hope that I don't pwn you as bad in areas outside this forum. That's what you're trying to say, right? Lol kid, keep racking up those posts, you're a regular jakesta.

edit: I don't know why I even bother, you're Carpal Tunnel and nobody knows you. How does that feel? Do you even play cards?

Popinjay
06-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Was anyone else thinking of peachy throughout this whole story?

Voltron87
06-10-2005, 03:07 PM
I post on this website half to pass time during class and my boring ass job, and half to learn about poker, not to worry about whether people in OOT think im "cool". I don't get into mayn arguments with people on here and i think we both could care less.

PokerNoob
06-10-2005, 03:08 PM
I seriously thought that it was going to end with the smokin' hot chick actually turning out to be some random college chick's.... mom.

Eurotrash
06-10-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was anyone else thinking of peachy throughout this whole story?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was

pokerjo22
06-10-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the fact that you guys were suckered for so long is pretty pitiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Hot, rich, poker-playing chick. Totally unbelievable. What were you guys thinking.

Voltron87
06-10-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Hot, rich, poker-playing chick. Totally unbelievable. What were you guys thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahhaha

jakethebake
06-10-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HaHaHaHaHa

jackdaniels
06-10-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoken like someone who knows a thing or two about the subject matter /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BusterStacks
06-10-2005, 03:21 PM
http://members.optusnet.com.au/alphawolfau/Funny_shit/captain_obvious.jpg

meep_42
06-10-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant, in my opinion.

-d

B00T
06-10-2005, 09:11 PM
WHERE THE [censored] IS THE CLIFF NOTES GUY...

My new strategy in OOT...