PDA

View Full Version : Turn CR on a flop 3 flush

Quercus
06-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Villain is loose/aggressive preflop. Calls down a lot postflop. Have n't seen him CR yet.

Prima $1/$2 6max game

Hero is has KK black.

Preflop: fold to hero who raises, BB calls.

Flop is J, 8, 6 all /images/graemlins/heart.gif's
Villain checks, hero bets, villain calls.

Turn is 4/images/graemlins/club.gif
Villain checks, hero bets, villain raises, hero calls.

River is 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villain bets, hero calls.

McGahee
06-10-2005, 12:19 PM
If villian has the flush, he played it very badly, but I'd say that's a good possibility.
Your play is fine I think.

deception5
06-10-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If villian has the flush, he played it very badly

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he played badly if he had a flush since it's heads up he wants to get the most he can out of it. Betting out will likely just get overcards to call down or fold, but by the time the check/raise goes in the pot is starting to get big enough to force hero to call down with an overpair/top pair/etc.

I think I would call down here and make a note of what the villian (as he could play tp like this as well) had and base future decisions on that.

McGahee
06-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Meh, IMO his play screams "monster" too much.
A lot of times villian is going to get raised on the flop when he bets into the PFR. Hero will have an overpair or a bigger flush draw just as often as overcards like AK /images/graemlins/spade.gif or something.

Hellmouth
06-10-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If villian has the flush, he played it very badly, but I'd say that's a good possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think he played it badly at all. Villian waits until the turn to protect what is probably on a small flush, 2 pair, three of a kind type hand (maybe even top pair).

If a 4'th heart comes he knows that any high heart beats his likely holdings. Turn is a blank so he pops it tryign to get hero to fold. He might even feel that his top pair is good with only one card to go.

River is also a blank so he bets out with what he thinks may still be the best hand. He knows that hero does not have a flush because he was not reraised on the turn.

Greg

topspin
06-10-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian waits until the turn to protect what is probably on a small flush, 2 pair, three of a kind type hand (maybe even top pair)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If a 4'th heart comes he knows that any high heart beats his likely holdings. Turn is a blank so he pops it tryign to get hero to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Suppose you hold the K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. How many outs do you have to the 2nd nut flush? What are your pot odds? Can villain make you fold this hand?

McGahee
06-10-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think he played it badly at all. Villian waits until the turn to protect what is probably on a small flush, 2 pair, three of a kind type hand (maybe even top pair).

If a 4'th heart comes he knows that any high heart beats his likely holdings. Turn is a blank so he pops it tryign to get hero to fold. He might even feel that his top pair is good with only one card to go.

River is also a blank so he bets out with what he thinks may still be the best hand. He knows that hero does not have a flush because he was not reraised on the turn.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think if villian has the flush here, he's telling us in the clearest way possible with the standard "Check/call, C/R w/ a monster" line.

If he has a small flush and hero checks behind on the turn (which will happen frequently when hero has AK and no hearts), that is a disaster for him. If hero has an overpair and/or a big flush draw however, there's a good chance he's getting raised with the opportunity to 3-bet. If you're hero are you really believing that villian has a flush if he bets into you here? If such a line were posted, everyone would be saying: "raise, he's probably on a draw". It was a good spot for villian to set himself up for a 3-bet IMO - either on the flop or the turn.

@bsolute_luck
06-10-2005, 04:16 PM
if i understand what McGahee is saying, i agree with him:

villain's line is too standard IMO. i'd have called down too and take note just like you.