PDA

View Full Version : Too Aggressive with JJ?

SittinOnDubsWGW
06-10-2005, 12:05 PM
At a local cardroom getting somewhat deep into a 96 person (pays top 8) rebuy tourney with about 20 left, AVG stack is probably around 3500-4000, I'm sitting with 3150 blinds are 140/280.

Approx Chip Stacks and reads of relevent players.
SB(2K: very passive player, has been at my table the whole time and has obvious tell of holding his cards a certain way in front of his chips when he plans on folding, whenever he plays a hand he puts his chip protector on it behind his chips. He's going to fold this hand)

BB(5500: Pretty decent player overall, hasn't done anything too noticably tricky, pretty straight forward ABC poker.)

MP(1350: Good player, very good post-flop, somewhat LAG, likes to play a lot of hands. Was amazed at a laydown I showed early in the tourney, and was like "I can't believe you laid that down, I wouldn't have the discipline to toss that." We've played together quite a bit, so he knows I play somewhat tight.

I'm dealt JJ in the cutoff position.

MP limps in and its folded around to me. I'm thinking that his limp is a sign that he's got a decent hand, but its something he can be pushed off of if I put him all-in with a bet. I can tell that the SB is going to fold, and no idea what the BB has, so I'm thinking I can take this down with a push. I push and BB folds and MP debates about it for a minute and is like "man, I just have this feeling that you've got absolutely nothing... *laughs* either that or you have me completely dominated. Hmmmmmm, what the hell, lets gamble. I call" I turn over my jacks and he's like "I've got a coinflip, I'm sitting better than I thought I would be." and turns over his KQo

Correct move, or do I bet in the field of 850 or so, and see where I'm at with the BB, and call MP's all-in if he goes that route pre-flop.

My line of thought is that the push is good due to, it gets the BB out of the way easier, and I'm isolated with MP if he happens to call, but I might take down the 700 in chips preflop.

Any other thoughts?

AlcateL
06-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Pooosh

HonchoOverload
06-10-2005, 01:07 PM
right move

I'm assuming you got beat