PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks pushing K2o here is not the optimal play?

CarlSpackler
06-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Normally I don’t like pushing a hand like K2o here with 3 players left to act behind me, but I was the shorty and going to be in the bb in 2 hands. The blinds were going up to 100/200 in 3 hands (when I would be in the sb). The player to my left pushed and stole my bb this orbit. I obviously need to make a move within the next few hands.

I’m trying to determine if pushing k2o here is the optimal play, or if it would be better to wait until I’m in the sb, and hope the 3 players in front of me cooperate and fold so I can attack the bb with a push (I’d be pushing 495 and the sb would have to call 295 to win 795 in this scenario – I wouldn’t have very much folding equity). I think the biggest argument for pushing K2o here is that when I do take down the blinds without a fight, I will have increased my folding equity if I’m then able to execute a blind steal from the sb in 3 hands. What does everyone think?

33sng - bb t100

Table Table 11277 (Real Money) -- Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: Junker29 (983)
Seat 2: HERO (695)
Seat 3: neils4fun (1330)
Seat 7: Toddfun1 (1955)
Seat 8: THE_WEAZ (3037)
Toddfun1 posts small blind (50)
THE_WEAZ posts big blind (100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Junker29 folds.
HERO raises (695) to 695
HERO is all-In.

p.s. The more I think about it, I now think I should be pushing any 2 cards here.

11t
06-10-2005, 12:19 PM
I would have tried to push if it was folded to me or there was one limper in front of me, assuming that i knew him to be weak, against one of the shorter stacks instead of the 3k guy whos calling range could potentially be larger.

That being said you have 6.5 bb and unless the blinds we're raising before the bb weas going to hit you I would be more inclined to wait for a better hand to take to a showdown and try to double up since at this point I don't know that you will be able to steal yourself back in it.

Your could also wait to push UTG with any 2 against the other shorty, wish is still preferrable imo than pushing against the big stack.

runner4life7
06-10-2005, 02:19 PM
This would be a good one to run through eastbays program, but I'm pretty sure its a fold actually, I could be wrong though an I'm almost positive its not a push with any two.

Unarmed
06-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Here's a semi-reasonable rule of thumb that I use.

With <10x BB push any two from the SB.
With <8x BB push any two from the Button.
With <6x BB push any two from the CO.
With <4x BB push any two from CO+1.

Every situation is different, YMMV, yada yada yada...