PDA

View Full Version : Question on the good higher limit games in Vegas during WSOP

SoBeDude
06-10-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm heading to Vegas next week. I'll be there for a month.

My plan is to mostly play mid-high cash games, and prolly a WSOP event or two.

I know there are new poker rooms in vegas so we all have more to choose from, but where are the best games?

Is the Wynn bringing the pros or the fish? what about the mirage? bellagio?

Granted I know there will be more of both the pros and fish during the WSOP, but any input from those that have been playing out there this past week would be appreciated.

-Scott

YoureToast
06-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Just got back from Vegas; played at the Bellagio almost exclusively. I heard Wynn was dead. If you want mid limit, stick with the Bellagio 15-30, 30-60 and higher. I think Mirage is still good for 10-20, 20-40. Bellagio is busy and sometimes you have to wait a bit, but its first class and the games are good.

Jeffage
06-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Was there literally no mid/hi limit going at Wynn or just not much of it? I'll probably go check it out, but not if I can't play at least a 20-40 game.

Jeff

PennDisc
06-10-2005, 02:07 PM
I only saw the Wynn at 10PM on Monday night - there were 2 15/30 games going and 1 30/60 game. Might have been a higher mixed game or something going too but I didn't really look too closely at that part of the list.

By comparison, at 8PM at the Bellagio they had 3 15/30 games and 2-3 30/60 games, and the standard assortment of higher games in the high-limit area. I'd definitely say that there's still more action at the Bellagio.

dogmeat
06-10-2005, 02:48 PM
The games don't get going until about 11am - at either the Bellagio or the Rio. Wynn was pretty quiet at 5pm on Monday, and I haven't been back since.

The mid limit games at the Bellagio are the same as they were last month, pretty fishy. I tried the $30/$60 for a little while, but that is a bit high for me. While I played, almost every hand was a fold to a preflop bet, or perhaps one or at most two callers. On the flop, it was always heads up or folded to a raise............

The $20/$40 at the Rio (WSOP) is pretty good, like a $15/$30 on Party. Lots of young players trying to prove they know what they are doing - most don't.

The Omaha-8 is very lively also. The $10/$25 NL games I have seen so far are very good if you are smart and can handle the aggression. Again, this was too high for me, and I only played a few hours total. I'm sticking with the $2/$5 NL and the $20/$40.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

bobdibble
06-10-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The mid limit games at the Bellagio are the same as they were last month, pretty fishy. I tried the $30/$60 for a little while, but that is a bit high for me. While I played, almost every hand was a fold to a preflop bet, or perhaps one or at most two callers. On the flop, it was always heads up or folded to a raise............

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that fishy? That game sounds like it sucks. It sounds like a rock garden.

Seether
06-10-2005, 04:37 PM
I played the Wynn 15/30 and it was a good game. The wynn also had 40/80 and 60/120 going while I was there. Maybe others have had different expereiences but I couldnt imagine playing at the bellagio. At like 4pm the list was already over well over an hour long to get into the 15/30 or 30/60 game and if you are gone at all when they call you you are passed by. You also have no idea where you are on the list and people tipping the floorperson are possibly passing you by. The Wynn has displays up of the lists for the games so its always easy to see where you are on them.

SoBeDude
06-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Other than Dcfrths suckouts in the game, anyone have a feel for how its playing?

Does anyone spread a 75-150 or a 100/200?

-Scott

Enon
06-10-2005, 06:39 PM
The Wynn 40/80 game was excellent when I played it this last saturday and they had 2 tables running. I also played it this past monday night and it was a bit tighter of a game, but still good. As you may have heard, it plays much more passive that the 15/30 or 30/60 party game.

The Rio spreads lots of good side action, including a very nice 50/100 that Dcifrths and I played in last sunday. If you are looking to play higher than that, they also had a 100/200 and a 200/400 going as well.

Mirage games are great. The 40/80 runs sporadically though and this past friday night, the 2 games they had going before I went to dinner BOTH broke by the time I got back and they didn't start another that night.

Bellagio 80/160 was running on 3 tables this past friday night and the table I played at was incredibly tough but I didn't play long enough or on any others days to give an accurate assessment of the game. From what I've heard though, the quality of the game can change drastically from day to day.