PDA

View Full Version : Can someone develop a piece of software ideal for viewing HH's?

xLukex
06-10-2005, 11:30 AM
It obviously would not have to be fancy. I realized last night while reading hand histories for another player that it is AWFULLY annoying to have to use ctrl+f then search for their username over and over again in a blur of hands.

Rather, what about a tool which splits up the hands for you kind of like Party's hand history tool?

You would just insert their username, and you could have a little menu (like Party's) that has all the hand #s. There could also be a feature where you could star certain hands for review later.

What about even a tool that will star a hand just after you've finished it to review later?

Hmmmm it would be cool to have a small database of reviewable hands. Like good example hands that I could post for players in similar situations.

I think this could be a great learning/practice tool.

Hell, there could already be one exactly like I'm describing.

Thanks!

pokergrader
06-10-2005, 11:43 AM
I've actually been working on something like this for the past few weeks. It uses your hand history files as input and just allows you to go through and select different hands, then view them and export them into multiple formats: HTML, text, vBulletin format, etc.

Here is a screenshot:
http://www.pokergrader.com/pgc/pgc.png

xLukex
06-10-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've actually been working on something like this for the past few weeks. It uses your hand history files as input and just allows you to go through and select different hands, then view them and export them into multiple formats: HTML, text, vBulletin format, etc.

Here is a screenshot:
http://www.pokergrader.com/pgc/pgc.png

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be AWESOME.

You should change the format around to look more like BisonBison's converter. Like the box where it has everyone listed.

Or even a separate box that has everyone's $$ amount.

And can you add the feature to star certain hands and create sort of a mini database?

I would certainly pay for this.

teddyFBI
06-10-2005, 02:11 PM
illuminous created a neat little app just for this purpose and posted it a few days ago...look for a thread titled "TeddyFBI's hand history program" or something within the last week.

pokergrader
06-10-2005, 02:18 PM
BackGround:

Well I have thought a lot about the database issue, and I dont think im going to add it to this. The main reason is that pokertracker already does everything so well, I dont feel like I should reinvent the wheel. The initial goal was to allow a simple utility to compress & anonymize hand histories so you could submit them to pokergrader more easily. But after I went through all the trouble to parse the hand histories, I decided to add in a hand converter feature. I have spend a lot of time working on the output format and making it increadibly readable and I think it is a little better than bisonbison's output. This is the main reason I dont think adding a database is useful, because the program really wasn't designed for it.

Here is what the output looks like for 2+2 forums:
------------------------
PartyPoker - $1/$2 - 10 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

Hero is LP1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="green">LP1 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">BUTTON folds</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="green">BB checks</font>

(4 players) FLOP: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 2 BB )
<font color="green">SB checks</font>, <font color="red">BB BETS</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="green">LP1 Calls</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>

(4 players) TURN: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 4 BB )
<font color="green">SB checks</font>, <font color="red">BB BETS</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="red">LP1 RAISES</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>

(3 players) RIVER: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ( Pot Size: 10 BB )
<font color="red">BB BETS</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">LP1 RAISES</font>
<font color="green">BB Calls</font>

Final Pot:14 BB

Results in white below:
<font color="white">LP1 shows:KhTh,a full house, Tens full of kings</font>
<font color="white">BB shows:4hKd,two pairs, kings and tens</font>

-----------------

Also, I am a little confused as to what you are asking for, do you mean the hand converter output or the user interface?

xLukex
06-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Does the converter work properly for all-in situations?

And I meant more of a "favorite hands" type feature than an entire database of hands.

pokergrader
06-10-2005, 04:04 PM
So you want something where you can pick certain hands and save them to a "favorite hands" file?

xLukex
06-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Yes, like you could have a small menu that could have a list of hands (you can name them what you want), and the software just reads the text file and finds the game #, importing that hand to the GUI.

Oh how wonderful it would be.

AnilK
06-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Try the Hand Review Report in Poker-Spy (www.poker-spy.com).