PDA

View Full Version : AQo Flopped the Ace....Now What?

Degen
06-10-2005, 11:11 AM
2-5 Blind 200 Max Buy-In NL at Hollywood Park Last Night

Comments welcome on all aspects of this hand.

Seat 3 ~$300 (Villain)
Seat 4 ~$400 (Hero)
Seat 5 ~$1000

Read on seat 5 is that he is a huge calling station who is also very prone to bluffing. Read on villain is that he is somewhat passive and very tight from what I have seen. He limped with AKo a few hands prior UTG and never raised once when A flopped. Calling bets all the way.

Hero is Button with A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Fold, fold, fold, Villain calls ($5), Hero Raises $15 to $20, SB calls, BB folds, Villain calls.

Flop (~$65) A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, Villain checks, hero bets $65, SB calls, Villian calls.

Turn (~$260) 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets $65, villain calls, hero calls.

River (~$455) 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, villain bets $125. Hero ???

What do these guys have? Can I call this, knowing that he is a tight player? What was he calling that flop with?

Andre

RiverFenix
06-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Villian has 99? Has he limped from EP with PPs? Raises like that from tight/passive players usually mean youre beat and shouldnt call to find out what he has /images/graemlins/smile.gif

josie_wales
06-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Hey,

Tough without any really detailed or solid reads.

They could each be calling with a draw or any piece of the board.

SB looks like he is betting his flush, and the villain probably has a ace that he two paired on the river. He called the flop bet unsure if you had an ace.

Then the small turn bet priced him in.

Hits two pair on the river and value bets it.

fuzzbox
06-10-2005, 11:21 AM
wouldnt he normally pop the turn with a set ?
Although maybe he expects hero to pop the turn and calls laying the trap.

SB most likely is on a flush draw.

I dunno - what does he bet there that you can beat ? Not a lot I fear. AJ ?

jman220
06-10-2005, 11:27 AM
I don't call that turn. Its either a raise or fold situation, depending on the read, but probably a fold. I almost definitely don't call that river, looks like a value bet to me.