PDA

View Full Version : BBQ chix recipe wanted for this weekend.

howzit
06-10-2005, 11:01 AM
Being it should be nice this weekend, we're getting together for the first BBQ of the year.

Anybody got good family receipes for bbq chicken that I can't find on google or some other website?

I don't have a good BBQ chicken receipe, but here's my usual marinade/sauce for shoyu (soy sauce) chix.

2c. low-sodium soy sauce
2. sugar
2 cloves garlic
2tbs oil
ginger
seasme oil
pineapple juice
1/2 onion, sliced
salt and pepper to taste

chaas4747
06-10-2005, 11:09 AM
I always just get pre-made BBQ sauce (KC masterpiece or Gates usually), some mesquite marinade, and mix that with Beer. I bake the chicken in the oven at medium heat for about 15 minutes to get it started and sort of cooked thru. Then I finish it on the grill basting it with the mixture.
I have not done this in a while, as I am kind of in a drunk chicken stage.

jakethebake
06-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Try THIS. (http://www.outofthefryingpan.com/recipes/chicken.beer.butt.shtml)

chaas4747
06-10-2005, 11:13 AM
That is the drunk chicken I was talking about. To the OP this will be better than any BBQ chicken you could ever dream of.

xadrez
06-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Not BBQ, but a good chicken marinade...

Garlic cloves, handfull
2 Onions
Jalapenos or Habaneros Peppers
Olive Oil
Paprika, Salt, Pepper
Goya Sazon Con Azafran, 1 packet

Put all the ingredients in a blender and turn to paste. Cover chicken with paste for a day in the fridge.

Grill it.

howzit
06-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Stick it in the. . . . never mind.

I'll go for the paste cuz I don't want to clean a chix tonight and do the drunken chicken the next time around.

Mahalo.

jakethebake
06-10-2005, 11:35 AM
It's really easy. it doesn't require any more work than other BBQ chicken except for sticking the beer in. Google "Beer Butt" chicken.