PDA

View Full Version : G/F constantly beats me at poker!!

evans075
06-10-2005, 10:49 AM
I set out about 5 months ago to teach my G/F how to play poker. After this she has played a few times with me and my friends. Apparently I have this ego problem that is "Hey I taught her how to play, therefore she can't beat me!" It seems though every time I get heads-up with her she kills me. Either she crushes my Flopped two pair with a Flopped set to drawing out her flushes against My big PP. It kills me to know that the girl I taught how to play beats me. Anyone else have this problem??

BottlesOf
06-10-2005, 10:56 AM
You need to a) get better at poker b) gain an appreciation for variance c) some combination of a) and b).

MarkL444
06-10-2005, 11:34 AM
listen to the JBB

jakethebake
06-10-2005, 11:38 AM
So it bothers you that she's been getting lucky? Or is she actually a better player than you are? If it's the former, you need to go back and do some reading beginning with TOP. If it's the latter, you need to go back and do some reading beginning with TOP.

jackdaniels
06-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Stick it in her pooper! Oh, wait, wrong forum.... (damn you Jake, this saying is like permanently tattoed on my brain now!)

Listen to the above advice, it is good. Alternatively, do what other great poker players have doen for years once the fish learned the games they were playing well enough to be competitive - teach her a new game (Omaha, Stud etc...) and beat her at that for a while. Ofcourse, if she is a true poker prodigy and learns all the games super fast/super good - quit playing and stake her in the WSOP, you'll prolly make a bundle.

beernutz
06-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Marry her.

[ QUOTE ]
I set out about 5 months ago to teach my G/F how to play poker. After this she has played a few times with me and my friends. Apparently I have this ego problem that is "Hey I taught her how to play, therefore she can't beat me!" It seems though every time I get heads-up with her she kills me. Either she crushes my Flopped two pair with a Flopped set to drawing out her flushes against My big PP. It kills me to know that the girl I taught how to play beats me. Anyone else have this problem??

[/ QUOTE ]

colgin
06-10-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to a) get better at poker b) gain an appreciation for variance c) some combination of a) and b).

[/ QUOTE ]

or d) get a new girlfiend who doesn't have you totally pwned at poker.

Boris
06-10-2005, 12:11 PM
hahahahaha! you are such a pansy.

stabn
06-10-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or d) get a new girlfiend who doesn't have you totally pwned at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like e) bankrolling her.

fnord_too
06-10-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Marry her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it.

evans075
06-10-2005, 02:00 PM
With the fact she is working on a Chemical Engineering degree that option is highly considered!

evans075
06-10-2005, 02:02 PM
E!! highly considered!

andyfox
06-10-2005, 03:06 PM
What exactly is the problem?

evans075
06-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Truthfully she is getting really lucky, ie. catching sets, floping flushes ect. It just eats me alive to be beat by her. I'm probably just a little too competative, especially against her. I did catch myself saying in my head, she doesn't know what she is doing and almost called one of her bets without the outs just b/c I didn't want her to take down the pot (wised up and folded). Basically I hate for her to win, even a small pot. I know that I'm definatly a better player than her just DON'T LIKE HER TO TAKE A POT EVER. Its that whole male dominate thing. PS sorry for the simi-sexist statement for all of the lady players out there, its just me and her compete at everything and hate to lose to her.

stabn
06-10-2005, 04:20 PM
You are probably bluffing her calling-station ass too often.

DesertCat
06-10-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems though every time I get heads-up with her she kills me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop staring at her tits and get your mind back in the game.

ggbman
06-10-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Marry her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray Zee
06-11-2005, 03:09 AM
please get her to start posting theory on the forums and you can do the dishes.

crazy canuck
06-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Become an affiliate, sign her up and let her loose on the online fish! Then take her out to dinner with the money she made you.

sumdumguy
06-12-2005, 01:46 AM
You might be happier if you tried harder to lose!

Klepton
06-13-2005, 07:33 PM
cut off your penis

Rick Nebiolo
06-14-2005, 02:22 AM
I would think this would make sex better /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick

NoRiverRats
06-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Can you get her to teach my wife how to play - she hates it and doesn't like it when I spend my time playing poker instead of chores around the house. WTF?