PDA

View Full Version : Writing and bad beats....

KrackedKings
01-08-2003, 03:54 PM
Hey everyone,

Have you people noticed all the people writing books about poker on the 2+2 forums?! I mean separate from S&M.
There's a guy on the internet forum planning a book on Internet Poker . And there's mdlm who seems to be secretly planning a "how to get very good at poker really fast" type poker book.

Well, I'm not writing a poker book, or a gambling book, but once upon a time...
Long ago, the goat god was nudging me, so I thought of joining a writer's club 'cause well about 90% of the people at this club were female. That's where the bluffing came in as I would read the other peoples chapters from future historical and romance novels.
As is usual in such clubs almost no one had been published (but there were several promising candidates). Except one little ditwad, a male of course, had had two articles published in some lame rags somewhere. Thus giving him bragging rights. He was cramping my game, putting me back on my heels. He was receiving more attention then me.
Finally, I'd had enough, and decided to play back at him.
I told him that having articles published wasn't much and that anyone could do it.
He sneered at me and said in a nasty tone, "Then," and repeated, "Then...if anyone could do it...then, you could do it, is that correct?"
"Sure I could," said I, trying to look confident. I could see that I had sympathy already, it must have been his sneer or nasty tone. That pushed me to raise.
"Wait a minute, you have to have something at stake here also. I've got six monthes to prove acceptance of an article for publication. And add a wager of $25 dollars to it to make it interesting."
He looked surprised, but agreed.
To speed things up here I'll simply tell you that I was successful, I had three articles accepted for publication within that six monthes. And all three were on gambling, just to rub it in to the little ditwad. (Actually it was only two separate articles. One was a two part article on off-track betting, but I was counting it as two as it showed up in two sequential magazines)
My competition, meanwhile, had done nothing new. I informed him, that he owed me $75 dollars. He said the bet was for $25 dollar, and that 3X articles didn't mean 3X on the bet. He didn't pay the $25 dollars, and he never came back to the writer's club either -- which is what I intended anyway.
And I found my girlfriend. And she was pleasing to look at and to touch.
So here comes the bad beat story!

Several weeks later, she came out of the closet...

You got it...

She was a ... a... a... Scientologist.
Kracked Again...

Dynasty
01-08-2003, 05:58 PM
And there's mdlm who seems to be secretly planning a "how to get very good at poker really fast" type poker book.

I don't know why you think mdlm is writing a poker book simply because he's the author of a chess book.

Noo Yawk
01-08-2003, 08:01 PM
I think if you set your mind to it, you could probably write a pretty darn good one yourself. Hope you consider it. From all the posts you've written, it seems like it wouldn't be that much of a chore for you.

KrackedKings
01-09-2003, 12:52 AM
Dynasty,

Someone earlier suggested that he intended to write a book, "...if he was successful at poker." I'm just taking that and running with it. If he does decide to write one, I believe he could write a decent book as he's obviously an intelligent guy.
I could be wrong, but I see him as a mentor type, even further, he's seems to be someone who learns in order to teach others.
But my post here is for fun, and to test the political correctness of these forums.