PDA

View Full Version : How would you have played this differently

bw5234
06-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: (9 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (22.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 34.50 BB

both of these 2 have only been at the table a couple of orbits and have seen them both push the flush draw to the max. I am so commited to the pot by the river might as well come out betting as I am just about all in. Where do you slow down the betting?

Marquis
06-10-2005, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't have overplayed the snot out of it, like you did.

bw5234
06-10-2005, 09:35 AM
I understand that part. Should I not have capped the flop? I dont think so but I am thinkig I should have slowed down on the turn.

wireMan
06-10-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm not capping the flop.
The raise on the turn by the button tells me that he either has pocket 2's, A2, or A9 after the flop action. If your read on pumping flush draws is right, then maybe not, but are both of them?
I think that button either has a set or 2-pair, and MP1 hit his flush.
I'm slowing down on the turn (actually, as said earlier, not capping the flop), and I don't come out betting the river. Folding the river if it is 2 back to me, calling if it is one.

Losfer
06-10-2005, 09:42 AM
I think it is very unlikely that both of your opponents are on a flush draw here. I don't havea problem with capping the flop, but you really should slow down on the turn. Check the river and fold when it's two back to you.

Entity
06-10-2005, 09:48 AM
I would have called the turn raise (no 3-bet for you!) and would have checked the river intending to call one bet and fold for two.

Quercus
06-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Its 7.5:1 back to you on the flop. You are almost certainly behind here, with the best cast being a flush draw and two pair. If two pair is the best hand, you have hope to counterfeit with a paired board or by spiking your queen as your A will boat up A2/A9.

I usually dump this right here since I'm likely drawing thin and nitwit one and nitwit two are likely to continue their Battle Royale and its going to cost me a fortune to show down 2nd best.

The turn and river play are just tilt.

Entity
06-10-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are almost certainly behind here,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's putting it too strongly. We're ahead here a fair portion of the time against aggressive players.

Quercus
06-10-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are almost certainly behind here,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's putting it too strongly. We're ahead here a fair portion of the time against aggressive players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, I missed the aggressive tell from the OP. I just assumed passive players.

bw5234
06-10-2005, 10:16 AM
I actually put one on the the flush draw and the figured the other for a weaker ace I didnt have a clue as to which one had which. I certainly didnt put either of them on 2 pair or a set on the flop. Thats where the aggressive betting on the turn came in I wanted to make the flush draw pay the max to hit it. I think my river play was horrid looking it over. Turn probably wasnt much better

jrz1972
06-10-2005, 10:24 AM
If you've only been with these guys a couple of orbits, you don't really have enough of a read to put them both definitely on flush draws. Okay, each of them *might* be on a draw, or they could each have some other hand they would jam with, in which case you're substantially behind.

I would just call the flop 3-bet, call the turn, and call one bet (only) on the river.

imported_The Vibesman
06-10-2005, 10:31 AM
I would just call the flop three-bet, and go to check/call mode from there if I did not improve. MP1 looks like he's on a flush draw from the calls after his raise on the flop. Button may have flopped middle or bottom set. I know you said they push flush draws, but is your read good enough to assume the three-bet is a draw?

It's still possible that button has a slightly weaker ace and is three-betting to try and crowd Hero out of the hand, so I would call down the turn, and re-evaluate the river after the diamond comes up. This may be a rare case where I actually dump this hand, as I can't see what MP1 was calling with other than the flush draw, and I also think there is a chance that Button has me beat. So if I check the river and then it is two bets back to me I may fold. It would be different tho as I would not have led the turn, and if button had not been raised only three bbs go in the pot on the turn instead of 12, which would make it easier to dump the hand.

bw5234
06-10-2005, 10:38 AM
I think you are correct. I was correct on my reads the winner did hit his flush draw with 89 suited, and the button did have the weak ace only trouble was the duece that he had to go with it I certainly wasnt expecting it. I also had no clue as to which one had which. I think the way for me to fix this problem is to slow down and think why would these 2 still be in the pot and going balls out. I need to reason it out a little better. thinking it over I agree with you guys on the turn and river. Thanks for your help

grjr
06-10-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you are correct. I was correct on my reads the winner did hit his flush draw with 89 suited, and the button did have the weak ace only trouble was the duece that he had to go with it I certainly wasnt expecting it. I also had no clue as to which one had which. I think the way for me to fix this problem is to slow down and think why would these 2 still be in the pot and going balls out. I need to reason it out a little better. thinking it over I agree with you guys on the turn and river. Thanks for your help

[/ QUOTE ]

When you see a guy (MP1) raise the flop, call a bunch of turn bets and raises, and then raise the river when the flush card hits there's a 99.23% chance he has the flush. /images/graemlins/wink.gif