PDA

View Full Version : KQoff what to do on flop

Stinkybeaver
06-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

wireMan
06-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Don't raise preflop. Two limpers in ahead of you, no position for the rest of the hand. KQo I'm just completing from the SB.
The way you played it, I betting out on the flop. Though I'm not sure what the fold equity is here with a bet? What would UTG+1 limp with? Do you have any reads? Is he a play any two suited? Play any connectors? See every flop? Play any A-rag? What about MP2?

D'OH
06-10-2005, 09:27 AM
I would bet this flop and check a scary turn.

Oups! I tought you were in LP. I don't raise KQ from SB, except if suited. But, I would still bet that flop I think.

Quercus
06-10-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't raise KQ from SB, except if suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't raise KQ from the SB in this particular case, but I woudn't make that a general rule.

Bodhi
06-10-2005, 12:46 PM
No need to raise KQo from the sb. It doesn't help to thin the field, and you're out-of-position for the rest of the hand.

On the flop you check and call a bet to see the turn (but if the pot were not raised you would likely just fold). I don't think betting out here is going to help you on this coordinated flop.

topspin
06-10-2005, 12:55 PM
I raise KQo from pretty much anywhere, and I'd do it here too.

I'd bet the flop, call a raise, and check-fold the turn UI.

Bodhi
06-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Interesting topspin. I like not raising here because it often lets me steal a flop like this because everyone assumes that I have rags when I'm in the blinds.

Aaron W.
06-10-2005, 01:17 PM
We don't need to re-open the KQo in the blinds debate. You can raise to collect preflop equity (for example, KQo is usually a favorite over two limpers and a random hand) or you can limp to maximize postflop equity (for example, by playing small pot poker and having your opponents make larger mistakes relative to the size of the pot). It all depends on how your opponents play preflop and postflop.

If UTG+1 is tight, maybe limping is better because his hand probably isn't much weaker than yours. Are they weak-tight players who you can push around postflop if you raise preflop? Then raise preflop.

This is the sort of thing Entity was complaining about. There's not a single way to play these hands -- you've got to see the reasons *BEHIND* the play. You've got to learn to think for yourself (reading a chart does *NOT* count as thinking) and determine what play is best in the given situation.

cfjr2
06-10-2005, 01:19 PM
since it was raised pre flop I would bet the rags representing a pocket pair to continue the semi bluff. If not raised and no scary turn card I would bet out again - unless someone hit the rags this will fold most out. If raised on turn probable fold.