PDA

View Full Version : Headphones??

Mikey
01-08-2003, 03:49 PM
I was at Harrah's the other night in AC, and I went there to check it out because I heard they had a card room. I went over and I found out they had only 1-5 stud, so I sat in anyway. Anyway I had an MP3 player, for those of you not familiar it is exactly like a normal walkman, I had it on for about 15 minutes and the floor manager comes over and asks that I remove them because they could be considered a form of cheating. Not being in the mood to complain and explain myself I agreed and removed them. Thinking about it I went back up to my room and told my friends. They didn't agree with the floor manager and said the headphones should stay on.

My question is I've seen many players wear headphones like Humberto Brenese and Phil Helmuth, why can't I wear headphones? Is this really a rule or was the floor manager just a miserable b*%)h.

Dynasty
01-08-2003, 04:58 PM
Is this really a rule or was the floor manager just a miserable b*%)h.

You need to ask the floor manager this question but without the insult.

bernie
01-08-2003, 07:34 PM
never heard that rule...

i think the guy was full of it.

next time, id ask for the reason

b

Mikey
01-08-2003, 08:17 PM
you see Bernie......some poker players have a sixth sense and even away from the poker table we tend to catergorize people in how they are how they act and how they tend to play poker. So this lady who I am assuming was the floor manager had a real puss on her face like as if she just got hit by a backdoor flush in the WSOP when flopping top set.
It's very annoying to me when I encounter such a person but I took the headphones off anyway, but I should have asked why.

I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of something else like this.

AceHigh
01-08-2003, 09:30 PM
"My question is I've seen many players wear headphones like Humberto Brenese and Phil Helmuth, why can't I wear headphones? Is this really a rule or was the floor manager just a miserable b*%)h. "

The WSOP doesn't allow players to wear headphones anymore. Guess there afraid of cheaters. Me, I'm afraid of hearing Humberto sing.

Hobart
01-08-2003, 11:57 PM
Like Dynasty said,stop speculating and ask the floor manager's reasoning in a respectful fashion. Dynasty's posts are generally right on.

ohkanada
01-09-2003, 02:36 AM
I know headphones are not allowed at Foxwoods so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same in AC.

Ken Poklitar

Mark Heide
01-09-2003, 01:43 PM
Mikey,

Wearing headphones is against the rules in many cardrooms. The Harrah's card room in East Chicago has had the rule and most other cardrooms are adopting the rule.

The floorman is just doing his job. With the availability of miniturized transmitting and receiving devices it is easy to disguise one as a CD, MD, or MP3 player.

Good Luck

Mark

docidiot
01-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Headphones are not allowed in Taj or Trop in AC. ive never been to harrahs, but im not surprised they arent allowed there either.