PDA

View Full Version : JTs and QTs UTG and some other marginals

Silverback
06-10-2005, 07:54 AM
I open raise all hands.

However in the past I used to limp in UTG.

JTs and QTs actually performed alot better when I limped in with these hands.

Does anyone else limp in with these UTG and how do they perform.

If you always open raise UTG with these how are they performing and over what number of hands and winrate.

Obviously I know my own results may just be due to variance,

Also other marginal hands KJo,QJo,J9s, and T9s all performed better with a limp.

Although T9s was a loser whether I raised or limped.

mperich
06-10-2005, 08:35 AM
I think the problem with raising these hands as you move up in limits are twofold.

1) It is pretty obvious that you are only limping a small range of hands utg, and therefore easy to figure out what these hands. I know a decently solid player at the 10/20 and the only hand he EVER coldcalls with is KQ. Makes it pretty easy to play when he coldcalls, no?

2) Good players will isolate your weak limp with weak hands, but they will get headsup on you with position. This problem is compounded by point #1. If they can play you headsup, with position, and know that your hand falls within a small range, how can you ever expect to win.

-Mike

RunDownHouse
06-10-2005, 08:38 AM
How many hands do you have of each instance (open-limping and open-raising)? Somehow I doubt its enough for the winrates to have converged.

Silverback
06-10-2005, 09:33 AM
If I only limp a very small number of hands I still think its pretty difficult for opponents to put me on a hand especially in a session where I might not even get dealt these hands and thereafter never play the same players again.

What if I have a loose passive acting directly after me? Or its a lose passive game in general?
If I get another limper acting after me theres less hands an aggressive player can raise and still come out on top.

If I raise with these hands and get 3 bet Im in a worse situation than if I limp and then Im raised, because if I limp and am only raised then theres plenty of hands players will still cold call with, and JTS, QTS are ok in multiway pots.

I think most times JTs and QTs are raisable, but in lower limit loose passive games I wanted to see if limping was an option.

As regards my hand sample its 60k and a higher portion was at the limping stage. I know its a small hand sample which is why I asked for others views on the matter.