PDA

View Full Version : AJ hand

Mig
06-10-2005, 07:43 AM
I have been on this table for not even 1 full ring and I got some nice hand. I played all 4 hands with pockets/A8+ cards but no show down. I folded the game before to a checkraise. This player is 41 VPIP - aggr 1.8 I think he would do something like that since the other player just before did it to me 1 turn before.
Knowing all that do you like how it has been played ? Do you still fire the river?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 7.70 BB

cookie
06-10-2005, 10:32 AM
I dont bet the river, and Im folding to a bet.

I Play 2 Ski
06-10-2005, 11:44 AM
check/fold the river

JrJordan
06-10-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm not sure you have enough folding equity to 3-bet this flop. If you're intent on seeing a showdown, just call his raise andd let him keep bluffing by check/calling.

Mig
06-10-2005, 12:57 PM
yeah check/call is probably better vs a loose player since your fold equity is null. vs a TAG player I think I would have check/folded on the turn... But It's pretty close I did play almost all the pot since I sat at the table and I folded at the first time someone played back at me. I think anyone seeing that, would have tried it the next time I would enter in the pot... That's why I have been more aggro...

StellarWind
06-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Your image is out-of-control LAG with a touch of weakness?

Whatever merit your very questionable flop 3-bet might have is ruined by your image. No one is going to fold and you may get popped again by a light (but better) hand.

Betting the river with A-high is out of the question. In general we could discuss whether you need to call a bet, after all the primary flush draw and several other draws didn't make it. But your image means he'll play you for ace-high and expect you to fold to his bluff. Mandatory river call.

Girchuck
06-10-2005, 03:44 PM
You probably have a worse hand. The only better hand you maybe folding by a river bet is AQ. You might get a call from a worse ace, but there aren't many of them. On the other hand, the river may inspire a worse A to bluff-raise you. A pocket pair is not folding, and it is a popular pf cold-calling hand which is perfectly consistant with the flop action. You don't mind a diamond draw making a bluff at you, because you will be calling the river. There are more busted draws that can bluff at you than worse hands that will call you and better hands that will fold, so a river bet is not necessary.

clownshoes
06-10-2005, 05:04 PM
the flop 3bet blows

Joe826
06-10-2005, 05:11 PM
i can't quite tell what line everyone is advocating here but i think betting the flop, calling the raise, and then calling down unless a single diamond hits is a good line. check/raise if you hit your A. if the K falls on the turn and then a Q comes on the river, i might also check fold.