PDA

View Full Version : In the midst of a downswing, are these good plays?

ChaseYourFlush
06-10-2005, 03:31 AM
Been getting owned lately, just want to know if these plays i'm making are good or if bad play has leaked in along with the bad luck i've been having.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t580)
MP (t2515)
CO (t3085)
Button (t65)
Hero (t1085)
BB (t670)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.

folded to me, push? (i pushed)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t600)
UTG (t1555)
MP (t1640)
CO (t840)
Button (t1065)
SB (t2300)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t100</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero ??? (i called and ended up folding on the flop)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t2430)
BB (t2010)
UTG (t1690)
MP (t233)
CO (t965)
Hero (t672)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?? (i pushed)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t1125)
CO (t1005)
Button (t1615)
SB (t1480)
BB (t1010)
Hero (t760)
UTG+1 (t340)
MP1 (t665)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls t30, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t1125 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero ?? (i called)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t897)
UTG (t1005)
UTG+1 (t1660)
MP1 (t1465)
MP2 (t1305)
Hero (t753)
Button (t310)
SB (t605)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t60</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t225</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t897 (All-In)</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls t528 (All-In).

this ok? this one really bothered me as to how i should have played it.

thanks.

dan

Insty
06-10-2005, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
folded to me, push? (i pushed)

[/ QUOTE ]
Push here is good unless the BB is a nutcase.

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
(i called and ended up folding on the flop)

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm either all in or all out here, depends on the read on the villain. I'm not a great fan of calling.

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
(i pushed)

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about this one, if the blinds are tight I might push it but you're likely to get called by one of them by about 75% of hands. Fold and hope for a better hand soon.

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends on how I'm going for the session, I probably fold this if I've been winning or call if I've been losing. Which makes me think folding is good. Plenty of time to recover your 30.

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]
I probably would have just called the initial raise and seen a flop.
After your huge reraise I think you have to call.

brimstone1
06-10-2005, 06:47 AM

Most definite push.

good in my book, probably would've done the same.

Hell yes. Push this every day and twice on sunday :[ goddamn wsop catch phrases.

Raise it, then decide if you're going to call an all-in raise.

Calm down on this one.
Do 150 instead of 225. Blinds are only 30, meh?

Personally, I would've folded.
I don't like confrontations in the early stages unless I have AA or KK [maybe] QQ.

GrekeHaus
06-10-2005, 07:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends on how I'm going for the session, I probably fold this if I've been winning or call if I've been losing. Which makes me think folding is good. Plenty of time to recover your 30.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does whether you've been winning or losing have to do with the correct play? In a low limit SNG, the correct play here is usually folding, unless you have a read on the villian as a complete LAG. Generally, you'll be in a race here or you'll be way behind. If you're a winning player, you don't want to race early in the tournament. Dump it and hope for a better situation later.

BDarch
06-10-2005, 07:12 AM
I would do the same in all of the hands except the AJs one. In that scenario I would push or fold depending on who the opponent was.

Insty
06-10-2005, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What does whether you've been winning or losing have to do with the correct play? In a low limit SNG, the correct play here is usually folding, unless you have a read on the villian as a complete LAG. Generally, you'll be in a race here or you'll be way behind. If you're a winning player, you don't want to race early in the tournament. Dump it and hope for a better situation later.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whether I've been winning or losing was just my thought process as to how I worked out that folding was probably correct. I've not been playing long enough for stuff like this to be automatic. Your explaination is definitely a better way of explaining things.

Kristian
06-10-2005, 10:31 AM
The first 3 are good plays IMHO.
The one I like the least is the JJ call, which I would only make with a read or in a very low buy-in tournament.
The AK hand is extremely read/quality of opponent dependent, but I almost don't think it is possible to play it horribly preflop, unless you are way up the buy-in level missing important reads.

All things considered, don't be too worried about the way you played these hands.