PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas "distractions"

eLROY
01-08-2003, 12:08 PM
At least every few months, you get someone mentioning in a post how Las Vegas has all these "distractions." They are usually mentioned as an additional sort of human variance factor, to consider regarding your bankroll and skill.

I never paid much heed to this mention of "distractions," and as such I never plugged in any assumptions as to what the heck people might be talking about. But it has been said so often, it's about time someone clarify it.

So what do these "distractions" refer to? Is it some kind of euphemism for something? What the heck can you spend time and money on in Vegas that you can't in any other zip code in the US? Does "distractions" just mean slot machines?

Oh, I bet it's that fountain at the Bellagio, very distracting when I'm waiting at the bus stop. They don't have anything like that in New York, LA or Jackson Hole Wyoming. Oh, and those magic shows, eh? I used to like surfing. Lot of that in Vegas?

eLROY

J.R.
01-08-2003, 02:30 PM
When did they put a fountain in Jackson? (I presume you are talking about on being in the town square at Cache & Broadway)

Phat Mack
01-08-2003, 06:39 PM
I think you are probably referring to the Hoover Dam. There are many different tours of it. Try and take the one that goes inside the power plant: you'll be amazed. I hope it's still available after 9-11.

Ulysses
01-08-2003, 07:30 PM
I have no idea what distractions people are referring to.

What the heck can you spend time and money on in Vegas that you can't in any other zip code in the US?

However, in response to this question of yours, for me the answer is simple. Blackjack and craps.

mike l.
01-08-2003, 08:43 PM
"I used to like surfing. Lot of that in Vegas?"

there's probably a wave pool somewhere and the climate is certainly right, far better than the chilly SF area.

cant wait till poker is legal in hawaii. hopefully in my lifetime.

eLROY
01-08-2003, 09:27 PM
I guess Frenchman's Flat is equally interesting to, say, spiking up St. Johns, or The Presidio...

eLROY