PDA

View Full Version : Good morning, Party.

Mike Haven
01-08-2003, 12:06 PM
fourth hand of the day

in cut-off i get KcTc and limp behind four - the three others follow

Jd8c2c flops

three check up to the first bet - four of us call

(Jd8c2c) 9c turns making my K flush and putting a reasonably likely straight draw or two on the board

UTG bets, two call, i raise, UTG and MP call, LP reraises all in, i cap, UTG calls, MP folds

(Jd8c2c9c) Th rivers - i'm made!

but UTG check-folds to my bet so i wait for the all in to reveal his possible straight

what's he got?

Mike Haven
01-08-2003, 12:09 PM
well, what do you know?

Ac5c

another fine mess to start the poker day

Clarkmeister
01-08-2003, 01:00 PM
Would you like a tissue?

PokerPrince
01-08-2003, 01:12 PM
LOL! Gotta love that Clarky. Always gives it you ya straight.

PokerPrince

Mike Haven
01-08-2003, 01:14 PM
???

is it normal for you to be rude to posters, clarkmeister? do you get some sort of kick out of it?

i see no call for that type of response - but i suppose there has to be one in every forum

good luck to you, clarkmeister

Clarkmeister
01-08-2003, 01:24 PM
Trust me, I just wrote what most here will think when they read your post.

To answer your question, no, I'm not normally rude. But when a veteran poster clutters the board for no reason, I am going to call him on it. Your post adds nothing to the forum. There is nothing to discuss, its an insanely common beat story, and not even an interesting one. If you were a new poster, I'd cut you some slack, but you aren't. You should know better than to spam the forum with this nonsense.

Mike Haven
01-08-2003, 01:37 PM
you don't think that getting a K flush on the turn, against an all in player, with a four-straight on the board, on the first played hand of the day, beaten by the all in player's Ace flush, is an interesting and ironic little tidbit to share with fellow players also just about to start their day on their tables???

if they don't say "yep - saw it coming!" as they read the tale then i admit i have misjudged poker players' sense of irony

but i can definitely tell that you must be a bundle of fun to spend a day with

good luck to you

Mangatang
01-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Does that mean you retract your offer of the use of a tissue?

Clarkmeister
01-08-2003, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I think I must retract. After all, he did jam the pot while drawing dead. I'm not sure, but I think that is a rather serious FTOP error.

Ed Miller
01-08-2003, 02:05 PM
I would have raised preflop.

bernie
01-08-2003, 02:42 PM
at least you got some bets back from the side pot you created with your cap on the turn....nice play there

b

Mike Haven
01-08-2003, 02:55 PM
thank you bernie

i think it may have been one of those hands where the all in guy had decided to go with anything reasonable and but of course the anything reasonable had to be Axs over my KTs

yet another major reason for the initial post was that Party has a bit of a joke reputation that if you are all in, you always win /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

bernie
01-09-2003, 03:56 AM
i didnt think it was clutter when i read it...

i was kinda impressed with his building a side pot...even if it was small. there's a little lesson there...since many wont do that...a guy goes allin and the betting stops...

but it's nice to know that the small minority, once again, voices his opinion in the name of the majority...without asking the majority...

im sure if more were really disturbed by the post, thered be more responses condemning it.

i actually laughed about the tissue joke....it was kinda funny...

but saying its useless post? who's making that standard? and who're you to be judging when to cut someone slack? i missed the new memo on posting standards i guess. do all posts go through you now for approval? ill send ya a few and fill yer mailbox...

or maybe it's personal, who knows....

welcome back to RGP in this thread...

b

Clarkmeister
01-09-2003, 01:33 PM
Actually, other than me there were two responses to the thread mocking it, and two "real" responses. The fact of the matter is that you laughed at the Boo Hoo comment because you recognized the nature of the post. If the comment was out of line because it was a solid useful genuine post, you wouldn't have laughed.

Its a whiny bad beat story. Haven himself admits it in his reply to me. He wasn't looking for any feedback at all.

Lots of people have been complaining about the high volume of useless bad beat posts lately. This is a prime example.

Mike Haven
01-09-2003, 02:26 PM
give it up clarkie - i'm afraid you just don't get it and the story was lost on you - no harm done - but maybe you should leave other posts that you don't understand alone? i don't think it serves any valid purpose in slagging other people off for no reason - however it does reveal a corner of your personality that maybe you should try to work on?

i'm not blaming you - no shame on you - some people are empathetic - some aren't - (and that leaves it open for you to throw in another snide joke about "pathetic" - lol in advance)

so - please - call it a day - it is actually yet another amusing irony that you are the sole and direct cause of the forum being filled with examples of the pointless posts that seem to worry you so much!

thank you

and good luck to you again

Ulysses
01-09-2003, 03:37 PM

bernie
01-09-2003, 04:15 PM
wasnt this hand more-so a

'what a great way to start a session' rhetorical sarcasm post?...which is identifiable by many...the type where you take a nice deep breath and say, great! this is going to be fun...

not all posts need to have deep meaning or problems to be solved.

i laughed at clarks initian response because it was also a rhetorical response to me....and ive used that type of line on the table when someone bemoaned a bad beat before...
it actually helped break the tension a little on the table...

though i dont think, based on his explanation, this is how clark intended it...

ive posted hands that were just hands, not really to be analyzed. my 'seattle slew' hand is an example. worthless to analyze? maybe, maybe someone got out of it something i didnt intend at all. it was a dedication hand/post. someone actually called me out on that post saying how worthless it was. they didnt 'get it' either which i pointed out to them...

i dont think those posts really come up often enough to be a worry. my opinion. if you really want to see a ton of worthless posts, look at RGP...out of 100 posts/threads, maybe 10 are pretty good....much like the internet forum here /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

there are some posts that grate me a little...the ones with the guys on a streak because he's lost for 2 hours str8 and thinks his world is coming apart. but i wouldnt tell him not to post it. it's up to me if i want to respond...

if you really dont like a post, dont respond...if no one responds, the post will die slowly...by responding, you bounce it back to the top and more posters will be likely to keep reading it...if anything to see who and how someone responded to it. much akin to the protesters outside a movie which helps advertise the movie, thus making it much more money than it ever would have...

but i guess if you just HAVE to voice your opinion...

b

Mike Haven
01-09-2003, 05:01 PM
wasnt this hand more-so a 'what a great way to start a session' rhetorical sarcasm post?...which is identifiable by many...the type where you take a nice deep breath and say, great! this is going to be fun...

absolutely spot on bernie

hutz
01-09-2003, 07:11 PM
I have no personal issue with any of the posters who have been involved with this thread so far. That said, and as a long-term participant in these boards, I agree with Clarkmeister's view here. This was a classic example of a wasted-space bad beat post. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Mike Haven
01-09-2003, 07:44 PM
jeepers

i have no personal issue with anyone either, (that i know of), but i have just reread my original post, and there is no way that it could be interpreted as a "serious" bad beat story, from the header to the punchline

forgive me, paranoidiac, but if you, hutz, look at paranoidiac's post entitled "Ax's are killing me--Help!" then THERE you will see a classic bad beat story

mine was just, as bernie so succintly described it, a rhetorical we've all been there at the start of the day tale of good humour

but, don't worry, clarkie - whatever your motives were - they have succeeded - i will not post here again thinking that we are all pals together - i will always watch my back from now on

(are you the guy called clarke-something that i whupped at wsex heads-up? if so - sorry)

Franky4Fingers
01-09-2003, 08:38 PM
I think you should be glad that the player with the nuts was all in. While you did not win the main pot, there was a small side pot to lessen the sting of the loss. I think there is possible merit in discussing strategy concerning an all in player and building a side pot with a board like this.

Scholar