PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: Playing the $5+1s blind

Chiron
06-10-2005, 02:03 AM
I bet my friend $25 that I could maintain a positive ROI at the $5+1s playing with a post it note over my cards.

So far I've played 2... 8th place and 1st place. I have no idea how I pulled that 1st off but it was [censored] hilarious to go over the hand history... For example I folded KQs on the bubble but then pushed 24o on the next hand!

Anyone else try this, or want to complete the challenge alongside me?

Karak567
06-10-2005, 02:04 AM
That's a pretty funny scenario. I'd probably try it if I didn't value every cent of my bankroll as much as I do. I 4-table 33s and I don't want to play a few 5 + 1s, haha.

BDarch
06-10-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet my friend $25 that I could maintain a positive ROI at the $5+1s playing with a post it note over my cards.

So far I've played 2... 8th place and 1st place. I have no idea how I pulled that 1st off but it was [censored] hilarious to go over the hand history... For example I folded KQs on the bubble but then pushed 24o on the next hand!

Anyone else try this, or want to complete the challenge alongside me?

[/ QUOTE ]

do it while 4 tabling

Sponger15SB
06-10-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For example I folded KQs on the bubble but then pushed 24o on the next hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Basically it would revolve around two things.... 1) getting a read on a few players and trying to accumulate a few chips before the bubble 2) good bubble play

At the party $5+1's you could probably maintain a +ROI without the rake, but it would be probably tiny.

DasLeben
06-10-2005, 02:08 AM
I did this one time and came in 5th or something. I remember laughing at how I'd mucked aces in MP preflop, and mucked QQ from the BB to a preflop raise.

Overall, good times. I'd be tremendously surprised if you could maintain a positive ROI in the $5+1s without ever looking at your cards though.

45suited
06-10-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Overall, good times. I'd be tremendously surprised if you could maintain a positive ROI in the $5+1s without ever looking at your cards though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless, of course, he folded every hand. Just kidding... I think. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Chiron
06-10-2005, 02:39 AM
I've gotten ITM many times at $10+1 by post/folding when I remembered I had to be somewhere and I had just started a tourney. Those people are nuts...