PDA

View Full Version : 88 in raised pot from the CO

jskills
06-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Villan is 14/9/5.2 over 200 hands - playing solid.

Feel free to comment on anything. I felt like I was behind the entire hand and played it cautiously.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero ?.

UVaHoo
06-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Why did you check the turn?

I would bet/fold the river.

jskills
06-10-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you check the turn?

I would bet/fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went in to way ahead / way behind mode for some reason - just wanted to see the showdown as cheaply as possible. I was concerned about a turn check raise. I was planning to bet an under card on the river.

Do you think this was too cautious?

toss
06-10-2005, 12:57 AM
I'm betting the turn and taking a free showdown on the river.

pokerstudAA
06-10-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Turn: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to your balls?

Seriously - the turn 4 certainly did not help anyone. If you get checkraised by trips JJJ so be it.....bet

jskills
06-10-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what happened to your balls?

[/ QUOTE ]

They somehow got sucked into my ass - I was afraid of being check raised?

Entity
06-10-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what happened to your balls?

[/ QUOTE ]

They somehow got sucked into my ass - I was afraid of being check raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to bet the turn and fold to a raise.

Rob

Piiop
06-10-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I went in to way ahead / way behind mode for some reason

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not way ahead of very much here.

jskills
06-10-2005, 01:13 AM
Ok, that makes sense. Let me ask you, what hands do you think villan raises with on the turn? Any J or overpairs?

pokerstudAA
06-10-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, that makes sense. Let me ask you, what hands do you think villan raises with on the turn? Any J or overpairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only hands that check raise you here should have you solidly beat. Any J hand or 33, 44 might check raise you here. I dont even think a better pair will come after you but will rather fold or check/call to teh river....

jskills
06-10-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only hands that check raise you here should have you solidly beat. Any J hand or 33, 44 might check raise you here. I dont even think a better pair will come after you but will rather fold or check/call to teh river....

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting point. You and Entity suggested betting the turn, which I'm thinking was probably the way to go here. Does this player (if he holds TT or 99) fold to the turn bet? The line I took allows that hand a free ride to beat me. But if I bet and he calls down I lose more than the line I took though.

I have a hard time with middle pairs sometimes ...

pokerstudAA
06-10-2005, 01:39 AM
[quoteInteresting point. You and Entity suggested betting the turn, which I'm thinking was probably the way to go here. Does this player (if he holds TT or 99) fold to the turn bet? The line I took allows that hand a free ride to beat me. But if I bet and he calls down I lose more than the line I took though.

I have a hard time with middle pairs sometimes ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure if 99 or TT would fold there. They probably wont check raise you. If this river is big AKQ you can check behind. I would not be that worried about pairs 99-AA but if you are for some reason (reads) you can check behind the river also.

Dudd
06-10-2005, 01:44 AM
I'd bet the turn and bet the river if it's checked to me again. You are definately not WA/WB here, as he either is ahead of you or has 6 live outs. With his high aggression levels, I'd have to think I'm ahead if he keeps calling, maybe trying to see a cheep river/induce bluffs with AK.

Piiop
06-10-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does this player (if he holds TT or 99) fold to the turn bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually TT/99 won't fold, but those aren't the hands you want to fold - or at least you're not concerned about giving a free card to those hands. You want AK/AQ/KQ/AT to fold or at least charge them.

SackUp
06-10-2005, 02:20 AM
anyone folding this preflop? Or are you counting on at least the sb or bb calling?

I'm betting the turn and river. fold to a raise

bobbyi
06-10-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I went in to way ahead / way behind mode for some reason

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not way ahead of very much here.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are ahead, he often has a smaller pocket pair, in which case you are way ahead.

But I bet the turn.

ihardlyknowher
06-10-2005, 03:43 AM
way ahead / way behind mode does not always apply when you have a hand that needs to be protected, like you did here.

Petteri
06-10-2005, 05:54 AM
I would take free showdown.

mmbt0ne
06-10-2005, 06:06 AM
Does anyone consider 3-betting preflop? If it was folded to me after UTG+1 raises, I think it would be a pretty easy 3-bet, but MP2 cold-calling makes me unsure.

brettbrettr
06-10-2005, 10:36 AM
I think I'd bet the turn anc check the river. Here, I might bet in the hopes he's call with AK. A check-behind would be fine too.