PDA

View Full Version : I nearly folded AA in the BB today (REAL content inside, I'm serious)

Karak567
06-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Ok this thought crossed my mind today.

There has been this tiny stack 4 handed for a while. Why is he still there? Because I am his SB and I have kept him alive intentionally. I have stolen more than half the stack of both medium stacks pushing overtop and the small guy folding constantly. I knew they couldn't call with anything less than KK or AA.

I was destroying them on the bubble.

Here's the example:

Blinds are 150/300. I am in the BB

tiny stack t200 calls all in UTG. Other two fold. I have AA (no joke this REALLY did happen)

I considered for a moment clicking the fold option (where you can check the little box before the action gets to you so it auto-folds no matter what, I think this would work here?) and keeping him alive on purpose to continually rape the blinds of the other stacks.

However, I didn't do it, obviously. But the thought crossed my mind.

Anyone think this would be +EV?

In case it matters, here are the averaged stack sizes (CO and SB might have had slightly more than I gave them credit for here, but I honestly don't remember. So assume their stacks are a little healther when you answer)

UTG (200)
CO (1500)
SB (1500)
Hero-BB (4800)

this is a 30 +3 if it matters.

igotBlackJak
06-10-2005, 03:27 AM
na.. I think the shortie is too low for this to even remotely make since... plus, at the 30s, ppl are stupid...

Advanced thinking skills should not be allowed and are definitly -ev imo...

peace

iMsoLucky0
06-10-2005, 03:33 AM
If he is allin for less chips than you already have in the pot, you can't fold your hand. Even if you click the preaction button, it will go straight to showdown when it is your action.