PDA

View Full Version : KK in a large field. Comments please

MKR
06-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

It's a pretty loose table and villain has folded one hand so far.

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG+2 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls, CO calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Villain calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, Villain calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

River: (14.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero ????, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

I am about 99.9% sure that the A has helped Villain. Can I fold on the turn? On the river?

MKR

istewart
06-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Raising the turn and checking behind on the river looks like a good option as well.

handsome
06-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Hey, if you're 99.5% sure that villain has an ace, the obvious move is to fold. But GTFO with that figure, don't ever say that [censored] again and call down.

istewart
06-10-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But GTFO with that figure, don't ever say that [censored] again

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

VBM
06-10-2005, 12:36 AM
how many hands has villain played only folding one? personally, w/ the size of that thing in the middle, barring a large # of hands where villain is compellingly passive as evidence, i don't fold this turn or river.

i don't expect to win every time, but i expect to win enough that it's profitable.

MKR
06-10-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Raising the turn and checking behind on the river looks like a good option as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the advantage of raising the turn? Sorry if the answer is obvious to everyone, but my post flop play is pretty horrid and I'd sure like to improve it.

MKR

istewart
06-10-2005, 12:42 AM
The thing that sucks here, without a read, is that this is the ultimate drawless board. However, there are so many guys at $.5/1 that will bet here with a ten or some other crap that you really never know, and the pot is very big.

The advantage to raising the turn is it protects your hand from things like QJ and J9 and costs the same to get to a showdown.

cold_cash
06-10-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the advantage of raising the turn? Sorry if the answer is obvious to everyone, but my post flop play is pretty horrid and I'd sure like to improve it.

MKR

[/ QUOTE ]

You can hopefully clear out a few of the stragglers behind you who might otherwise hit a 4 or 5 outer.

Also, if the villian has only folded one hand so far there's no way I'm giving him credit for an Ace and folding my Kings. (I'm assuming we have more than 2 or 3 hands with him.)

MKR
06-10-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

how many hands has villain played only folding one? personally, w/ the size of that thing in the middle, barring a large # of hands where villain is compellingly passive as evidence, i don't fold this turn or river.

i don't expect to win every time, but i expect to win enough that it's profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only ever seen him in the one hand so I have absolutely no read on him. I take your point but my gut screams your beaten.

MKR
06-10-2005, 12:50 AM
Isn't it costing me an extra bet to showdown if I raise and call the river? Or do I fold the river when he bets it?

istewart
06-10-2005, 12:51 AM
That's a sucky situation, and it really "depends." Most of the time he won't bet it though; remember, these players are uber-passive.

MKR
06-10-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, if the villian has only folded one hand so far there's no way I'm giving him credit for an Ace and folding my Kings. (I'm assuming we have more than 2 or 3 hands with him.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Absent any reads how can I fail to give him credit for an Ace?

But then again how many times have I seen players bet out when an Ace falls? Quite a few, so I'm certainly calling the turn, but when he bets again on the river?

MKR
06-10-2005, 01:05 AM
GTFO?

cold_cash
06-10-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absent any reads how can I fail to give him credit for an Ace?

But then again how many times have I seen players bet out when an Ace falls? Quite a few, so I'm certainly calling the turn, but when he bets again on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

In your original post you said the villian had "...folded one hand so far." I assumed that to mean he was loose.

Personally I would just call this down, but I don't hate the free showdown play here either.

I think you'll be good 13% of the time or whatever it is.

MKR
06-10-2005, 01:19 AM
I call, virtually certain that I am beaten and equally certain that statisically it's the right thing to do.

Result:

Villain has 8h Ah (one pair, aces).
Hero has Kc Kh (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Villain wins 16.75 BB.

MKR
06-10-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

In your original post you said the villian had "...folded one hand so far." I assumed that to mean he was loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put it badly. I've seen him in only one hand and he folded in it.