PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my latest stats

chipolino
06-10-2005, 12:20 AM
The first time I posted my stats was early May and at that point I knew they were pretty pathetic. Here they are again:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepz5yg/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/first25.jpg
I got some very good feedback Shillx: [ QUOTE ]
You fold 3% more often on the flop then I do and an amazing 9% more on the turn. You also bet 9% less then I do on the turn and 3% less on the flop. Also get that PFR up to 8-10%!
Edit - You don't have a good understanding of position as well. Your PFR is pretty flat as you go from UTG down to the
button. Your PFR from the button should be like 2x what it is UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've boxed these stats for those who don't know which ones he's refering to. He was kind enough to compare these stats to his own at this level and give me an idea of where they should be.
[ QUOTE ]
So 23% of my flop actions are folds. 14% on the turn and 13% on the river. 27% of your flop actions are folds. 23% of your turn actions are folds. Doing lots of folding increases your Aggression Factor since it is taken as Bet%+Raise% / call%. So one way to get a bigger AF is to play aggressive poker. The onther way is to consistantly fold (ie. if you have a tough choice between a call or a fold you would opt to just fold). You are taking that route

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyways, I decided to play another 20k hands with Shillx suggestions in mind and see if I improve. I reread SSHE a bunch of times and started posting more hands in the forum.
Here are the next 20k hands following the original 25k.
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepz5yg/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/last20k.jpg
I think my main improvement is in my PF raise and even though I have improved my "Player actions" somewhat I still think that they are still pretty weak. For instance, the fold % on the turn now is actually worse than during my first 25k hands(23.12 vs 22.83).So I'd like to hear some suggestions on what I should be working on that I may have overlooked. And would like to know in what the range some of the "Player actions" stats should be since I'm not really sure. For example, should you fold % on the flop be between 17-24% ; should you fold less than 20% on the turn, etc.

Anyways, I feel that I need to take care of these problems before moving up. So, all comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

handsome
06-10-2005, 12:27 AM
1. You still need to raise more than half your holdings preflop.
2. Defend your blinds more.
3. Steal more.

Once you fix your preflop play, your postflop play will fall into place.

chipolino
06-10-2005, 12:33 AM
My SB defence is practically nonexistent.

Quercus
06-10-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Once you fix your preflop play, your postflop play will fall into place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would actually argue just the opposite.