PDA

View Full Version : When Someone Bets on the Overcard Turn

toss
06-10-2005, 12:14 AM
All I know about UTG+1 is thats he bit more loose. Maybe. Other are unknowns.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>...

Just credit him for the J or raise and check behind on the river?

crunchy1
06-10-2005, 12:16 AM
I raise. Fold out the other two players and take the free showdown.

CashFlo
06-10-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise. Fold out the other two players and take the free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

UVaHoo
06-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Do you still make this play if you know the guy is loose/passive? What else would he be betting here other than the jack?

cold_cash
06-10-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you still make this play if you know the guy is loose/passive? What else would he be betting here other than the jack?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Jack and a 9. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

toss
06-10-2005, 12:22 AM
If I knew he was loose passive then I'm more likely to fold, but this ones for the most part is unknown. Confused, I ended up donkishingly calling and olfd the river (Don't ask me why). Its more easier to to play good poker on the boards than in the heat of the moment.

UVaHoo
06-10-2005, 12:25 AM
That is most definitely true. I'm always amazed at the board's eagerness to fold extremely strong hands that I would never be able to fold during actual play.

MCS
06-10-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its more easier to to play good poker on the boards than in the heat of the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that the truth.

This is a situation where I always think, "He doesn't have the jack" and spew bets. I think I fold. If he has the jack, you do have 5 outs which should be clean, so it's close. But since he will probably bet the river...I don't know. I just see a lot of ways you're beat without odds to call.

He could be slowplaying a set or something too, though I concede it's unlikely.

I'm also not as convinced as everyone else that a raise gets you a free showdown.