06-10-2005, 12:13 AM
Day-Ta, like Commander Data.

Pink.

pshreck
06-10-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Day-Ta, like Commander Data.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny example, because they also call him daa-ta.

Dead
06-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Well I am not a big Star Trek fan. I've seen most of the movies and I just remember it being prounounced Day-ta.

wacki
06-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Limeade

pshreck
06-10-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Limeade

[/ QUOTE ]

wow... vnh

you thinking of paul newmans own? that [censored] is the best

ThaSaltCracka
06-10-2005, 12:19 AM
strawberry lemonade

istewart
06-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Newman's Own pwns. This is correct.

pshreck
06-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Newman's Pwn

BusterStacks
06-10-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Newman's Pwn

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

-Skeme-
06-10-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul Newman is the man.

handsome
06-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Data boy.

Dead
06-10-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul Newman is the man.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he's a half-Jew like me. He and I both have a Christian mother and a Jewish father.

pshreck
06-10-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And he's a half-Jew like me. He and I both have a Christian mother and a Jewish father.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for explaining what half-jew means.

stabn
06-10-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
strawberry lemonade

[/ QUOTE ]

yesssss

istewart
06-10-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

Dead
06-10-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some half-Jews that have it the other way around(Jewish mother and non-Jewish father). And two out of the three main sects of Judaism don't consider me Jewish- they only consider you to be Jewish if your mother is Jewish- so I thought that it was important to clarify.

Eurotrash
06-10-2005, 12:51 AM
I think a good follow-up question (though pointless, much like the first one) would be do you consider data plural, or singular?

this data, or these data?

pshreck
06-10-2005, 12:52 AM
I have 2 very good friends who are 'half-jews'. I think it is a ridiculous term. Religion is based on belief... you can be half black half white, but I dont see this whole 'half catholic half jewish' thing.

Like celebrating Hannukah and Christmas, both in a religious manner... WTF?

bholdr
06-10-2005, 12:52 AM
What makes pink lemonaid pink?

also, newman's own lime is great, especially since it's so strng you can dilute it 1.5 to 1 and it's perfect- more bang for your buck.

But, i have to say that the Odwalla 'summertime lime quencher' with lime and agave nectar is even better.

ThaSaltCracka
06-10-2005, 12:53 AM
they want more presents.

pshreck
06-10-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a good follow-up question (though pointless, much like the first one) would be do you consider data plural, or singular?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not pointless, its stupid. The first question is interesting because both ways of saying it are correct (both are in the dictionary as possible pronunciations).

However, data is the plural form of datum. If you dont think this it just means... that you dont know it.

Dead
06-10-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We do that. We also celebrate both Easter and Passover. I was confirmed and bar mitzvahed. Well Christmas is not really a religious holiday for us, just like it's not for most people. Neither is Hanukkah. It's more for the presents than anything else.

pshreck
06-10-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We do that. We also celebrate both Easter and Passover. I was confirmed and bar mitzvahed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why dont you just dress up baby Jesus in a clown suit then pee into his mouth?

Dead
06-10-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We do that. We also celebrate both Easter and Passover. I was confirmed and bar mitzvahed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why dont you just dress up baby Jesus in a clown suit then pee into his mouth?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think we do on Good Friday? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

istewart
06-10-2005, 12:57 AM
Chanukah, bitches.

Dead
06-10-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Chanukah, bitches.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can be spelled multiple ways, Istewart.

Hanukah
Hanukkah
Chanukah

Those are all correct.

pshreck
LOL the confirmed and bar mitzvah thing is a lie, but nice try.

Dead
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much would you like to bet?

BusterStacks
06-10-2005, 12:59 AM
I call BS, no way the christian faith would let you get away with being a half-jew.

pshreck
06-10-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much would you like to bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

A LOT

BusterStacks
06-10-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

A LOT

[/ QUOTE ]

same, this is quite obviously a lie.

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]
I call BS, no way the christian faith would let you get away with being a half-jew.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree, you damn heathen.

Dead
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said I was confirmed in the Christian faith.

I could be an [censored] to Pshreck and take his money, but I won't.

There is a process in the Reform sect of Judaism called "confirmation", as well. It's very different from the Christian version. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Google it if you don't believe me.

If I made the bet with pshreck then I would win.

I was bar mitzvahed at 13 and confirmed at 16.

istewart
06-10-2005, 01:01 AM
That's gay.

SpearsBritney
06-10-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not pointless, its stupid. The first question is interesting because both ways of saying it are correct (both are in the dictionary as possible pronunciations).

However, data is the plural form of datum. If you dont think this it just means... that you dont know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh snap!!!!!!!

ThaSaltCracka
06-10-2005, 01:02 AM
that form of confirmation is not the same thing as being confirmed in the Christian church, you [censored] moron.

Dead
06-10-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that form of confirmation is not the same thing as being confirmed in the Christian church, you [censored] moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I never said it was. Show me where I said that I was confirmed in any Christian church.

Eurotrash
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for not being a jerk about it.

for the record, I know that data is a plural. However, you hear countless people misuse it. I was just offering that as something else to poll.

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]

If I made the bet with pshreck then I would win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly we would have set terms up, and clearly the terms wouldnt allow you to bring new defintions of 'confirmed' into play. But nice try.

You seriously would have been all over the news at a national level if you had actually done this.

Dead
06-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Fine. But I am still both Jewish and Christian.

pshreck
06-10-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that both are just beliefs, then you could say you were also Buddhist and Muslim and I wouldn't call BS.

ThaSaltCracka
06-10-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We do that. We also celebrate both Easter and Passover. I was confirmed and bar mitzvahed. Well Christmas is not really a religious holiday for us, just like it's not for most people. Neither is Hanukkah. It's more for the presents than anything else.

[/ QUOTE ] 99% of people would infer from this post that you meant that you were confirmed in the Catholic church. The other 1% consists of morons like yourself.

ThaSaltCracka
06-10-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]no you are not, do you see why?

Dead
06-10-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that both are just beliefs, then you could say you were also Buddhist and Muslim and I wouldn't call BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. I do it for the presents.

Dead
06-10-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]no you are not, do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am. As pshreck said, they're just beliefs. If your parents are a certain religion and they raise you in that religion then you are.

pshreck
06-10-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yes I am. As pshreck said, they're just beliefs. If your parents are a certain religion and they raise you in that religion then you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would disagree with that, but I think its definetly one of the dumber possible arguments you can get in.... telling someone they are not half jew or whatever.

Christianity has a direct, meaningful contradiction with Judaism, and saying you are both just seems to trivialize the whole thing.

Dead
06-10-2005, 01:22 AM
It's no different from someone being a Unitarian Universalist Christian and claiming that they don't believe Jesus is god. Yet they're still considered Christian.

pshreck
06-10-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yet they're still considered Christian.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Universial Unitarians can be considered Christian, if they believe in Christ as their savior. If they dont, they are not.

ThaSaltCracka
06-10-2005, 01:27 AM
I would not consider them Christians at all.

"Unitarian Universalism (UU), known officially as the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations in North America (with headquarters in Boston, Mass.), was officially formed in 1961 with the merger of two separate religious groups whose roots date back to the early 1500s -- the American Unitarian Association (1825) and the Universalist Church of America (1793). Unitarian Universalism is one of the most liberal of the denominations, being more akin to a society of free thinkers than a traditional "Christian" denomination. "

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/unitari.htm

Dead
06-10-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yet they're still considered Christian.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Universial Unitarians can be considered Christian, if they believe in Christ as their savior. If they dont, they are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the sole determinant, Pshreck.

Example:

There are these Jews for Jesus people, or Messianic Jews, as they prefer to be called. They celebrate all the Jewish holidays but believe that Jesus is their saviour. These people do not consider themselves to be Christian, but by your logic, they would be. I don't know many Christians who keep kosher and celebrate Hanukkah, but these Messianic Jews do.

pshreck
06-10-2005, 01:46 AM
This just gets into more of people calling themselves what they want. Just because the Messianic Jews call themselves that, it doesnt mean they are really jews.

The Stranger
06-10-2005, 01:48 AM
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/23000/23002_w.jpg

somethingstupid
06-10-2005, 02:06 AM
Just vote, don't reply.

Dead
06-10-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This just gets into more of people calling themselves what they want. Just because the Messianic Jews call themselves that, it doesnt mean they are really jews.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they don't celebrate Christmas. They celebrate the Jewish holidays, and most keep kosher. That makes them Jews. Jews who just happen to believe in Jesus,

jakethebake
06-10-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I picked "day-ta" and "pink."

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you pop your collar when drinking your pink lemonade?

jakethebake
06-10-2005, 08:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul Newman is the man.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Jews just consider you a non-Jew then.

Dead
06-10-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul Newman is the man.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Jews just consider you a non-Jew then.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Orthodox and Conservative sects don't consider me Jewish, because they say that the line goes through the mother. But the Reform sect says thta it goes through the mother or the father, and that's the sect that my temple belongs to.

jakethebake
06-10-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Orthodox and Conservative sects don't consider me Jewish, because they say that the line goes through the mother. But the Reform sect says thta it goes through the mother or the father, and that's the sect that my temple belongs to.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this reform sect is basically a bunch of people with Jewish fathers that want their kids to be Jewish?

tbach24
06-10-2005, 11:56 AM
A. DAY-TA and anyone who says otherwise is stoopid

B. Pink Lemonade, and it's not very close

C. Limade is an amazing drink and Paul Newman's Pwn (still laughing) is clearly an amazing company and Paul Newman is one of the awesomest people in the planet

D. The best drink is this Mango-something drink by Minute Maid. It's amazing. I'll try to remember the rest.

E. Dead is outstandingly dumb, you can't be both Christian and Jewish simply because they have very different beliefs about the major idea behind their religion (i.e Jesus vs. no Jesus).