PDA

View Full Version : For Dynasty and Wacki

bholdr
06-09-2005, 10:42 PM
You guys seem to be doing a great job, and the quality of the content has already started to improve here, but i have one request:

If/when you do lock a thread, It'd be nice if you'd make a post at the end of it to explain why it was locked.

usually, it's pretty self explanitory, as is the case with uglyowl's 'T or A' thread (redundancy- although tolbiny's reply- 'i'll bet most of the posters here have Ts as well' or something like that, was classic), but a couple times, I've wondered about it. It'd clear up some confusion if you would, and also, i think it'd cut down on your workload- once people can see why threads are getting locked, they'll be less likely to make the kinds of threads that get locked.

Thanks,

B

Dynasty
06-09-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If/when you do lock a thread, It'd be nice if you'd make a post at the end of it to explain why it was locked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I've stopped locking threads and am now just deleting anything worth locking.

Mat and I sent somes PMs back and forth about this and he said that he would probably end up deleting any thread that was locked. So, I thought I'd save him the effort.

wacki
06-09-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CallMeIshmael
06-09-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to admit, it would be kinda funny to have this thread locked, without either of them explaining why.

wacki
06-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Shortly after I threatened to ban pshrek for his "test how long it takes to delete this" threads I was told to moderate quietly. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I can see both sides of the argument. Right now I'm on the fence as to which is more +EV for 2+2.

BusterStacks
06-09-2005, 11:07 PM
for what it's worth, on most boards i've been on, locked threads have a final word from the moderator.

pshreck
06-09-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Shortly after I threatened to ban pshrek for his "test how long it takes to delete this" threads I was told to moderate quietly. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, for the warning that I may be banned that you posted? Mat said something? haha. I forgot that was anything other than private nasty PMs.

razor
06-09-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for what it's worth, on most boards i've been on, locked threads have a final word from the moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]

But this is 2+2, home of some of the sharpest minds on the internet, masters of games of incomplete information... surely we can figure these things out for ourselves. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

somethingstupid
06-10-2005, 01:46 AM
http://www.cs.unibo.it/fosad/images/picture-020.jpg