PDA

View Full Version : overcards vs LP cold-donker

donger
06-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Is this standard? Situations like this really frustrate me, and I've been in these a lot lately. Is this standard? Against these sponge-types who cold call behind you A LOT and make loose flop calls, what's the best turn line with OC's like this that aren't likely to win at showdown? Is a turn check-fold a better line?

Texas Hold'em $3-$6 (real money), hand XXXXXXX
Table Djerba, 9 Jun 2005 3:54 PM ET

Seat 1: louball
Seat 3: dp1000
Seat 7: ricecraka77
Seat 8: Hero [ J/images/graemlins/club.gif,Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
ANTES/BLINDS
dp1000 posts blind ($1.50), ricecraka77 posts blind ($3).

PRE-FLOP
Hero bets $6, louball calls $6, dp1000 folds, ricecraka77 folds.

FLOP [board cards 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif,2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,8/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Hero bets $3, louball calls $3.

TURN [board cards 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif,2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,8/images/graemlins/club.gif,5/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Hero bets $6, louball calls $6.

RIVER [board cards 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif,2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,8/images/graemlins/club.gif,5/images/graemlins/heart.gif,3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Hero checks, louball bets $6, Hero folds.

SHOWDOWN
louball wins $39.

Knoler
06-09-2005, 11:51 PM
I have the same question regarding this situation. Reads can help, and scariness of the board can influence my decision.

I'll sometimes check / fold on the turn if the board is very coordinated on the flop and the turn card makes things worse. If the board isn't too frightening, I'll tend to bet / fold a blank most of the time, unless I have a specific read. Occasionally (and possibly too often...) I'll call down with A-high and the like against real donks.

I'd love some advice on this same topic. I often feel not so confident in my choices.

-Brian

Dov
06-10-2005, 12:07 AM
With only Q high, I check fold the turn.

With an A like AT or better, I think I look him up on the cheap, just to try to get a read on him.

It is important to know your foe in a hand like this.