PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 high, two hands...

bholdr
06-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Okay! after a week and more without really playing any stud, I'm feeling refreshed and ready to get back into it. (especially after losing about $500 playing 1/2 NLHE last night.... now i remember why i quit in the first place. damn that game! why can't i play it? i'm long term-breakeven at NLHE [though my tournament record is very good], even though i've been a winner at all the others. geez! okay, i'm rambling, nevermind, back to the stud content)

I rarely give the bring in credit for a set when they pair their door card... what does everyone think about the double raise on fourth? my thinking was, if he has a set, he'll re-raise, and i've just thrown away nine bucks... but if he has just a pair, i'm in a really good position.

thought process good/no good?

Also, on sixth, for some strange reason, i kind of felt that he just made two pair and i checked behind... I don't normally play like this, but i felt really exposed here... what do you think? I htink i should've kept betting, otherwise I'm risking letting him make a weak two-pair on the river for free,

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.33 SB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___double raises
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___calls

5th Street - (4.67 BB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls

6th Street - (6.67 BB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks

River - (6.67 BB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (8.67 BB)

Also, the first hand i was dealt today; it worked out pretty well. I can't remember the last time i got a rolled up hand and it held up- so i decided to play this one really fast and hopefully get my session off to a good start. sweeeeet.

also, seat three is doing a lot of cold-calling... what's up there? just a donk, i suppose... look how big that pot was on fifth!

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (1.33 SB)

Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes
Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls

4th Street - (6.33 SB)

Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___raises
Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___double bets___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___folds

5th Street - (16.17 BB)

Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls

6th Street - (20.17 BB)

Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls

River - (22.17 BB)

Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (24.17 BB)

Roland
06-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Hand 1: I usually fold here. He called the $2 completion, right? Some people do that with nothing, but most require some kind of hand.
And I hate the raise on 4th: what makes you so sure he’ll only 3-bet you with trips? He might do that with, say, queens in the hole? Or two small pairs? He might also just bet into you again on 5th. At least you got a free card on 6th…

Hand 2: Nice hand. I play it the same.

Bartholow
06-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Hand 1: I've said it before, I don't like the strategy of raising paired doorcards to see if they reraise. Like most other informational raises, the response is just not reliable enough. You will sometimes get 3-bet by a 2-pair hand that you have odds to draw out on, and you will often be called by trips. Meanwhile, the value raise part of your raise also stinks unless the player is terrible because A) you'll often be behind, whether trips or "just" 2 pair, B) when you're ahead you aren't ahead by that much, because the player will have a pair and a 3-flush or pair and a 3-straight or a pair with an ace kicker at least.

Hand 2 looks great.

jon_1van
06-10-2005, 11:26 AM
In hand 1 there isn't a whole lot in the pot so folding won't be the worst thing that ever happened (if you fold 4th).

But you could try just calling. This way if he has a 3 flush of a straight draw with his pair he might keep betting into you from behind. And if you are behind you are losing the least.

But I don't really like raising here