PDA

View Full Version : AA reraises early

HonestIago15
06-09-2005, 10:30 PM
In level 1 or 2 with most of the people left I frequently like to flat call AA in hopes of reraising any bets. How much do you guys like to reraise to in such a situation with 1 other player? How about 2 and 3? I ask this because after a raise to t80 in level 1 I reraised to t250 and got 2 callers, flop comes T-Q-K, I push and both call, one flips AK and the other QT, QT knocks us both out. Did I bet too little? Shouldn't have pushed? Thougts?

ChuckyB
06-09-2005, 11:18 PM
If you thought the 80 meant "I have a big hand", push it all in. My minimum re-raise would have been 350-400.

I can't believe QT called 250 pre-flop in level 1. You'll make money off that dude.

Karak567
06-09-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In level 1 or 2 with most of the people left I frequently like to flat call AA in hopes of reraising any bets. How much do you guys like to reraise to in such a situation with 1 other player? How about 2 and 3? I ask this because after a raise to t80 in level 1 I reraised to t250 and got 2 callers, flop comes T-Q-K, I push and both call, one flips AK and the other QT, QT knocks us both out. Did I bet too little? Shouldn't have pushed? Thougts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You played it just fine. That is just a bad beat. Yes you should have pushed the flop.

The pre-flop raise could have been a little TOO large but I can't tell because you didn't tell us how many people called the other guy's pre-flop raise. IF a couple people did then your re-raise is fine. I don't like to raise aces too hard, I do like to get some action. I am not afraid of two people calling my raise with aces, more than 2 makes me nervous.

checkers777
06-10-2005, 02:58 AM
In level 1 or 2 you will still have 3 or 4 complete donkeys who will call your push after they have raised. If there is a significant raise and a call in front of me I usually just push here and more often than not you get a caller.

The only time I ever just call with AA is when some idiot raises like 20 times the big blind (ex. raises to 300 at level 1) as they will usually be willing to push the rest of their stack with whatever hopeless hand they have to begin with.

Myst
06-10-2005, 04:50 AM
You become pot comitted after the preflop raise...

No, an all in on the pot is not automatic. Perhaps at the lower buyins, but not on the higher ones.

Myst
06-10-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The only time I ever just call with AA is when some idiot raises like 20 times the big blind (ex. raises to 300 at level 1) as they will usually be willing to push the rest of their stack with whatever hopeless hand they have to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why wouldnt you just put your money preflop to begin with anyway? (i.e. QT looks a lot better preflop then on a flop of 752.)