PDA

View Full Version : Is Common Courtesy Dead?

Jeffage
06-09-2005, 10:17 PM
So I'm going to California on Saturday and trying to get some late night laundry done tonight. Three loads. The washing goes fine (it's a communal laundry room). Then I go to dry the stuff...one assbag has 6 washers (of 10 total) on zero minutes. So I snag two empty ones and wait for this person to come get his crap. Five minutes. 10 minutes. 15 minutes. [censored] it...I just threw his stuff on top of one washer? Was I out of line...what's the etiquette here....I knew I sure as hell wasn't going to stand there for an hour waiting for this guy when I have to get up at 6 am. Agitating.

Jeff

Homer
06-09-2005, 10:18 PM
I give it 5 minutes, then unload his crap.

Voltron87
06-09-2005, 10:18 PM
dump all his crap on the dirty ass floor, then when he gets back and asks "who did this" walk up and say "i did, bitch!" and then kill him. that will teach him not to be inconsiderate. eye for an eye son.

mason55
06-09-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agitating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant

Dynasty
06-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Does every new poster have to be Dead? I'm getting sick of this so-and-so is Dead nonsense. How many threads do have to have about this guy?

I don't even think I've noticed a post by Common Courtesy.

Enough already.

jdl22
06-09-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does every new poster have to be Dead? I'm getting sick of this so-and-so is Dead nonsense. How many threads do have to have about this guy?

Enough already.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir

Voltron87
06-09-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Enough already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously man, do your job as a moderator. Ban common courtesy, it has no place on this forum.

The Stranger
06-09-2005, 10:25 PM
wtf is asking me to log in? moderators, help!

ilya
06-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Common courtesy has never been alive. At least, it's never been common.

MCS
06-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I got a message from rit.edu.

spamuell
06-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Mason, your avatar is really screwing things up for me in firefox. Apparently the issuer certificate for the site you're hosting it at isn't trusted so it's giving me these error messages, other people are probably getting them too, you should change it.

jakethebake
06-09-2005, 10:50 PM
I'm pretty sure that Dead knows absolutely nothing about common courtesy.

yoadrians
06-09-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm going to California on Saturday and trying to get some late night laundry done tonight. Three loads. The washing goes fine (it's a communal laundry room). Then I go to dry the stuff...one assbag has 6 washers (of 10 total) on zero minutes. So I snag two empty ones and wait for this person to come get his crap. Five minutes. 10 minutes. 15 minutes. [censored] it...I just threw his stuff on top of one washer? Was I out of line...what's the etiquette here....I knew I sure as hell wasn't going to stand there for an hour waiting for this guy when I have to get up at 6 am. Agitating.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta give it 10 minutes. After that, I think you have to take the stuff out and put it back in that person's clothes baskets if they are available. Otherwise, put them on a table or something.

I think that you're OK taking them out, but seriously, no one is EVER looking for a fight (at least I'm not). So, throwing someone else's clothes on the dirty floor is def. -EV BECAUSE you never know whose going to walk through the door to claim the clothes.

Yes, take them out. No, don't be mean about it. People have kids and forget - most of the time it's an honest mistake. Don't make them pay too much for it.

mason55
06-09-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mason, your avatar is really screwing things up for me in firefox. Apparently the issuer certificate for the site you're hosting it at isn't trusted so it's giving me these error messages, other people are probably getting them too, you should change it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeha just saw that sorry guys /images/graemlins/mad.gif

man
06-09-2005, 11:15 PM
one time a friend of mine was trying to do laundry, and noticed that someone had left their dried clothes in the dryer when he needed to use it.

so, he peed on their clothing and left it in a heap on the floor.

so in my eyes what you did was damned near civil.

man
06-09-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
eye for an eye son.

[/ QUOTE ]
or laundry-room-inettiquette for [censored] YOU I KILL YOU

edit: that last part sounded funnier in my head with an angry asian accent

common courtesy
06-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Yes I am dead.. I would've pissed on his laundry if he left it there

Dudd
06-09-2005, 11:34 PM
This happened all the time in the laundry room at school. I'd say for every load in the dryer, there was 1 or 2 sitting on top waiting to be claimed by its owner. Of course, out in the real world, people might care a little more, but all of us expected that to happen if we didn't get it out quickly.

Dead
06-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Before opening this, I thought that Common Courtesy was a new gimmick account, and that people thought it was me.

EDIT: OMG that is F*CKED UP. Two posts up there actually is a gimmick account by that name. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Skeme-
06-10-2005, 12:30 AM
It's actually quite simple. You just toss his stuff in your basket and set it aside. I've had to do this many times in my apartment. Before I used my cunning to think up this method I just sat their [censored] on the drier. Some crumbum got pissed at me. Told me not to do that. I can't remember what I said, but it should've been, "Shut the [censored] up."

Dead
06-10-2005, 12:34 AM
People at college would leave their laundry in the dryers 4 hours after it's finished. So I just threw it on the floor. If they are going to be inconsiderate then I can be inconsiderate too.

-Skeme-
06-10-2005, 12:36 AM
What can I say, you're defenitely one bad motherfucker.

bennyk
06-10-2005, 12:47 AM
this is standard.

i don't even give it 5 minutes. if they didn't want their clothes put neatly on top of the washer or on a table, they should have picked them up on time.

bk

CardSharpCook
06-10-2005, 01:03 AM
Why can't you just neatly pile their laundry on a washer/counter? This was SOP for me in college.

somethingstupid
06-10-2005, 01:56 AM
Please do not rely on 2+2 to run your life. I am hammered.

bennyk
06-10-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why can't you just neatly pile their laundry on a washer/counter? This was SOP for me in college.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i'm saying; reread my post.
bk

morgant
06-10-2005, 08:29 AM
this should be second nature. but i guess some are different than others.

your title is grossly overstated and nowhere near applies to this everyday situation. did you really have to ask about this?