PDA

View Full Version : TT hand on bubble

HonestIago15
06-09-2005, 09:02 PM
My email is being evil, so I have to just type this one out.

Chip values are approximate, blinds are 150/300.

Hero: (2100)
Button:(300)
SB: (500)
BB: (5100)

Hero is CO with 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

First of all, what do you do in this situation? Pushing is very risky when the BB is big stack and you are almost guaranteed the money... flat call? That's what I did. Here's how it went.

Hero calls (300), 1 fold, SB raises (500), BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, Hero raises (1600), BB calls.

I don't know what SB had because my computer froze but BB had an open ended and caught it, and SB beat me with whatever he had. I was knocked out. I may be being results oriented, but when you're guaranteed the money like in this situation should you just stay out of the hand? Call and check it down? Thoughts?

Also, does anyone know of any program which allows you to plug in what happened in a hand and it converts it to an organized text format? My email is being dastardly and typing these out is tedious.

Honest Iago

microbet
06-09-2005, 09:19 PM
This is a tough tough spot. You really really want one of the small stacks to come along and you really really don't want big stack to push. I don't like depending on the kindness of strangers that much. TT is very hard to let go of, but I think it is best to let it go. Am I an idiot? Sometimes it is harder to figure out a play like this when I'm not playing.

Nick M
06-09-2005, 09:29 PM
i agree with you...fold might be right, and it's very tough to figure out when you're not in the situation. If BB is folding a lot then it might be correct to move in.

runner4life7
06-09-2005, 09:29 PM
I think the buy in is a factor here. At a higher buy in I think I'm going to push because I would like to think a "smarter" player will respect my bet and not call with too much. Lower buyins its probably best to fold but I would have troubles doing so.