PDA

View Full Version : PF raise % calculator?

Leaky Game
06-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Does anyone know if there's a site somewhere where you can put in a person's PT stats (VPIP and PFR specifically) and get a range of hands they're playing?

For example, if their PFR 5% of the time, it's likely only AA-QQ and AK (I have no idea if this is right)? If it's 8%, what does that move them to...AA-1010, AK-AJs?

Obviously I understand this would be just a guideline as you'd have to take position into it and when someone opened the betting but I thought it would help.

wtfsvi
06-09-2005, 09:10 PM
That's silly. Different people don't have the same hand ranges when they raise. Some will raise K10o every time in LP, some (like me) would do that very seldom, but much rather raise 67s.

Some will raise the same hands UTG and in the CO. Some won't. And on top of that, some will actually mix up their game.

PinkSteel
06-10-2005, 10:52 AM
I started wondering about this concerning my own play. If I play x/y/z in such-and-such positions, what will my long term VP$IP/PFR stats look like?

So I built a spreadsheet. PM me and I'll be happy to send it to you.

It takes the probability of each hand type, and when you fill in whether you play each hand type in each position, it rolls up to an aggregate VP$IP number. It doesn't do PFR per se, but that would calculate the exact same way -- just fill in where you would raise and where you wouldn't, and it will give you your aggregate number.

True, people play different hand ranges, so it's not possible to identify exactly what they'll limp or raise with, but you can get a decent idea.