PDA

View Full Version : People limp too much

lastchance
06-09-2005, 08:18 PM
At the low levels, people limp and minraise everything. I mean, everything. If someone limps, you can assume they have top 50% of hands or something. They limp KK to J5. They just like limping. And I don't know how to adjust my strategy well enough.

I tried PVSing, but people are going to show AT, A9, and QQ there. The limping has me doing a lot less stealing than I want to be doing, but it is definitely profitable to steal those limps. That's L4 though.

In L1-L2, I'm playing tight (AK-AQ, AA-22), and even though my postflop play sucks, I know that's wrong. How much do people limp along in CO or Button when there's 4 or more limpers to you?

adanthar
06-09-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In L1-L2, I'm playing tight (AK-AQ, AA-22), and even though my postflop play sucks, I know that's wrong. How much do people limp along in CO or Button when there's 4 or more limpers to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, this is different in L2 from L1 and *very* different in a 1K tourney from an 800 chip one.

That said, with 4 limpers to me on the button in L1, my cards don't really HAVE to add up to twelve, although I'd like it if they did.

(In before 17 'top 20%' posts /images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

Myst
06-09-2005, 08:44 PM
When you have position and lots of limpers to you, limp behind with hands that have great drawing potential (Axs, T9 come to mind).

microbet
06-09-2005, 09:06 PM
When you add up all the good things that can happen to a crappy connectors or one or two gappers you get about 5% of the time they hit the flop hard, and then they hit good draws more often than that. Sometimes when they hit you'll still lose, but sometimes when they miss you will end up having a pot up for grabs.

I'm probably guilty(?) of folding these hands most of the time, but maybe they can be very +$EV. It could be a dangerous route to try and beat people by playing like they do.

treeofwisdom7
06-09-2005, 09:13 PM
a few things i learned about limpers.

sometimes you can tell how strong their hand is by the table situation and their past plays. if a table is really passive and a player is tight and they limp. that usually sends warning bells in my head. why in the world would a tight player limp unless he wanted to play the flop.

The Yugoslavian
06-09-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

In L1-L2, I'm playing tight (AK-AQ, AA-22)

[/ QUOTE ]

Too tight?

That's too loose /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Yugoslav
Folding is sublime...

lastchance
06-09-2005, 09:53 PM
How does this shift in L2?