PDA

View Full Version : As passive as I can be.

kyro
06-09-2005, 08:15 PM
PP $200. Second or third orbit. Not much of a read except I don't think villain is completely retarded.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($146.9)
SB ($215.4)
BB ($228)
UTG ($161.85)
Hero ($221.25)
CO ($213.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $15</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $9.

Flop: ($32) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($32) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($32) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $32

A few notes. These weren't rapid checks. They were thought out, as if we were both trying to figure out if the other was screwing with us. Anyone find a bet here, particularly the river?

kyro
06-10-2005, 12:21 AM
um...bump

Los Feliz Slim
06-10-2005, 12:38 AM
I do a lot of limping with JJ unless I'm CO or button, it just gets me into so much trouble I'm better off treating it like TT or 99.

I think you have to bet the flop. If you give him credit for being a thinking player you have to think he's going to bet if the flop hits him to charge the flush draw. If the flop didn't hit him I think you'd like to take it down right there, it's hard to see how going any further is going to result in a big pot that you win.

BZ_Zorro
06-10-2005, 01:08 AM
I'm done with the hand after that flop.

Seroiusly, what do you have him on that you beat? Without reads, you have to assume he's got AK, AQ, or more likely AA, KK, QQ. I don't know if you can push him off any of those hands, I wouldn't try it. If he's getting creative with nothing, you'll likely not get another cent, and win showdown anyway. If he's slowplaying a monster you'll just lose money by betting. If he's got AQ or AA he's probably calling any non-substantial bet.

Though if you're well bankrolled it might be fun to get him to fold AA by representing a set...

nietzreznor
06-10-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I do a lot of limping with JJ unless I'm CO or button, it just gets me into so much trouble I'm better off treating it like TT or 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you mean full ring? OP is a 6max game, so I would think preflop is standard.

Without a read on villain, I don't know... I probably would fire out at the turn after having it checked to me twice, but on the other hand there doesn't seem to be too many hands a reasonable villain would reraise with preflop and not have you beat.

dibbs
06-10-2005, 04:55 AM
I know the feeling of the long thought out checks, but it's kind of hard to put villan on a hand here. AJs? TT? ATs? For him to raise you then not have hit this board and be cautious is just odd to me.

I kind of like the passive line, as it kind of feels like he may spring to life if you were to bet on the turn or whatever.

Curious, what'd he have?

kyro
06-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Villain had 99.

unlucky513
06-10-2005, 10:33 AM
thank you for posting this very boring, unintersting hand.

kyro
06-10-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thank you for posting this very boring, unintersting hand so I could reply with this very boring, uninteresting post.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP