PDA

View Full Version : Deep Stacked Full House River Decision

DoomSlice
06-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Villain had just KO'd one of the shorter stacks, and I had done so too a few hands earlier. I've been playing with him for a while and he was pretty loose and as aggressive as I am. I love deep stack short handed, but I hate situations like this.

Villain is definately capable of making a bluff like this, but he also isn't stupid and definately doesn't just throw his money away. This is the first time that I've seen him overbet.

Should I be worried about a hand like JJ/images/graemlins/club.gif or AxJ /images/graemlins/club.gif? Is this hand too read-dependent to comment on?
Find out on the next episode: Rolling in the Green OR Rolling in the Mud

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($89.7)
SB ($12.5)
BB ($93)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif<font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.25</font>, ,<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, BB calls $3.75.

Turn: ($12.10) Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, BB calls $8.

River: ($32.10) T /images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB calls $77 (All-In)</font>, Hero ????

maybedinero
06-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Now that's a nasty river.

I'm not sure why, if he's hit a Royal Flush, he would bet quite that big. IMO that sort of play from a guy known to be a bit of a bluffer is veyr suspicious, but it'd definitely be a heart-in-mouth call.

theben
06-09-2005, 08:14 PM
yes, you should kind of be worried about a Jc, but not enough to fold. if he hit the royal, i think he would lead a normal amount so you would raise him. after all, you raised him on every single street. you definetly need to call this, and quickly too.

kyro
06-09-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now that's a nasty river.

I'm not sure why, if he's hit a Royal Flush, he would bet quite that big. IMO that sort of play from a guy known to be a bit of a bluffer is veyr suspicious, but it'd definitely be a heart-in-mouth call.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary, hero REALLY likes his hand. I'd bet big if I was in villain's shoes with the RF.

Whether or not villain's smart enough to do this? Meh.