PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 - BB vs SB Steal

Dazarath
06-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Does anyone not like the 3-bet? I find that a lot of people auto-raise in the SB if it's folded to them. I feel that KTo is significantly better than villain's range of holdings.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

This is where I wanted to ask for advice. I find that the flop checkraise is a standard play for many SB's in this situation. I feel like I'd be too weak if every time, I just called the raise and folded the turn unimproved. I decided to play a little more aggressive this hand. Once he caps, I figure he has a piece of the board, but I also figure that my 6 outs are most likely good.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

I'd like to hear what other people's lines are in SB/BB steals. I find that a lot of people, who are already aggressive (bordering on maniacs), just become maniacs in heads up situations.

srolle
06-09-2005, 11:04 PM
fwiw, it seems like the villains range is really wide on the flop, he could T8, JT, AK-9, any pp. after the cap. before the cap though he could have almost anything like you said. I just dont think KT is the time to chip spew though. You arent always gonna have a weak hand when you 3-bet. having K-high, T kicker seems like the almost worst holding possible given your play. You are possibly dominated or worse...but sometimes i chip spew like this heads up too...

i dont like the turn raise though. After the cap on the flop you can put his range of hands too maybe T8, JT, 79, AK, AQ (maybe), over pair 88,66-44, A9, A7, or of course a set or 2-pair. You're raise on the turn looks really scary, because you've bet or raised every time you've had an option.

if you call, call on the turn river, its two bets to showdown, and you see who wins.

I think you are going to get 66-44, and AK-J, any other high cards he might have been holding to fold. losing a bet to the hands you had beat.

If he has a monster like a set or 2 pair or hit a straight, you will get 3-betted. and bet on the river, so you lose two extra bets over call-call.

If he has an over pair (maybe stop and go with AA or KK preflop?) or AT, you are gonna lose an extra bet when he wins at showdown.

then you gain an extra bet if he has JT, T8, A9, A7, or 88, and doesnt hit a redraw, the you get checkraised and lose two more.

i think call-call will show more EV than raising. but i've just started playing 10/20 (doing well so far, but not enough hands to know) and have never played 15/30.