PDA

View Full Version : defending with K7

Joe826
06-09-2005, 07:44 PM
10/20 - first hand at the table, but i've played with villain before and he's seems pretty tag - 24/12.

folded to SB who raises, i call in the BB with Ks7d.

Flop is 3s 8s 2s - he bets/i raise/he calls

Turn is an Ah - he bets/i raise..

how am I doing? anyone wait till the turn to make a move?

man
06-09-2005, 07:52 PM
I think a flop call would've made him feel jittery if he plays with you at all (I'm assuming you're TAG), and might've been better. once you call the flop you raise any non-A turn.

the stop n go bugs me there. I am so done with this hand as soon as that ace shows up.

Trix
06-10-2005, 02:29 AM
How you think he views you matters just as much as what you think of him in this spot, without knowing that it will be pretty hard to give the right play.

I raising flop and raising turn is fine. Other lines are good aswell, which is what makes heads up interesting.

Joe826
06-10-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How you think he views you matters just as much as what you think of him in this spot, without knowing that it will be pretty hard to give the right play.

I raising flop and raising turn is fine. Other lines are good aswell, which is what makes heads up interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're totally correct here. I realized today that's one way in which i'm severely lacking. That whole second or third level thinking.. whatever it is heh.

What other lines do you like/think are acceptable?

Trix
06-10-2005, 02:44 AM
Just calling the flop and then decide what to do on the turn can be good aswell. Doing what you did and calling turn and river may also against some players.

The line you took is probably the one I´ll take most often if I just sat down.

Again, the more you know about him, the easier will it be to put him on a range of hands and the better can you guess how he will play each of them and then choose whatever the best play is.

If I dont know anything about him, then I´ll try to mix things up a bit I guess as beeing predictable is what you can exploit.

I´m not super comfortable in these spots either, so that´s probably the best I can give you.

Joe826
06-10-2005, 02:47 AM
thanks for the advice. i got lucky this time, and he folded to my turn bet. i had a feeling that even if he had called i would have rivered him anyways though.

Dov
06-10-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i had a feeling that even if he had called i would have rivered him anyways though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always knew I'd been missing something about this game... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Jeff W
06-10-2005, 03:52 AM
I like calling the flop and betting/raising any turn card.