PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Early Events

David
01-07-2003, 06:47 PM
I am headed to Vegas April 15. I am going to stay for the first week of the series. I know they have single and multi table satellites for the main event, but do they also have single and multi table satellites for the 2K buy in events? I am sorry to say that my bankroll will not allow me to spend 2K on any one tournament, but I would still like the chance to play. Also, I have never been to Vegas at series time and wonder where will the busiest room be for live games in the 10/20 to 15/30 limits. Will it be the Horseshoe or will most players still go to Bellagio, Mirage, Orleans, etc.........?????? I am trying to decide where to stay, I really like the Orleans and their reasonable room rates. My wife WILL NOT stay downtown so that is out of the question.

imported_Tallykid96
01-08-2003, 02:32 AM
The Bellagio will have the best action I would guess. That's how it was last year. It depends what you want to play, of course, but in general the limit games at Bellagio will be very, very busy. I'd play there. The Horseshoe games seem tighter.

Glenn
01-08-2003, 03:46 AM
"I know they have single and multi table satellites for the main event, but do they also have single and multi table satellites for the 2K buy in events?"

They continuously run single tables throughout the series. They are not played for specific tourney entries, but just for tournament entry chips. They run them in all sizes from $1500 to $10000 and start them continuously. The supers are only for the main event. I would not recommend them if you are on a short bankroll, as your original $225 buyin likely will not get you far, as there are rebuys, you don't start with many chips, and there is an add-on.

"I am sorry to say that my bankroll will not allow me to spend 2K on any one tournament, but I would still like the chance to play. "

The satellites are very fast. While they offfer a fair amount of value to a good player, you might be better off playing some sort of game with yourself to get the buyin. That is, you could play some regular tournies as well and use the prize money, etc... This might be a little more fun.

"Also, I have never been to Vegas at series time and wonder where will the busiest room be for live games in the 10/20 to 15/30 limits"

The Mirage and Bellagio are the only two rooms you need to visit. Some of the smaller rooms are decent for lower limites but for mid limits, these are the only places worth speaking of. There will be some mid limit and big bet games going at Binions during the series, but there is no comparison to the other two rooms.

"I am trying to decide where to stay, I really like the Orleans and their reasonable room rates."

I would recommend staying right on the strip. If you shop around you can do quite well. Just get on the mailing lists for the MGM properties and the Bally's properties and you will get good deals. For instance, during last year's series I stayed at the Venetian for 3 days for about $100 a night. That is a little more than the Orleans but there is no comparison. Your wife would be very happy... If price is a major issue then maybe the Orleans is best, but at least during the week, the price difference between the decent hotels and the great hotels is not that much.