PDA

View Full Version : More Agression Needed Here, Yes?

theBruiser500
06-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Nothign special about UTG, maybe on loose side, SB is very loose so his flop call is not particularly scary, though I don't know I have him beat. Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

Klepton
06-09-2005, 06:30 PM
i 3-bet pf here most of time, it would make the play on the flop a lot more straight forward

Paluka
06-09-2005, 06:31 PM
If you are going to put bets in on ace high flops, I don't understand why you don't 3 bet preflop.

partygirluk
06-09-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i 3-bet pf here most of time, it would make the play on the flop a lot more straight forward

[/ QUOTE ]

Non just that, very clear raise for value here, 99 is massive 4 handed.

La Brujita
06-09-2005, 06:37 PM
FWIW I three bet pf as well.

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to put bets in on ace high flops, I don't understand why you don't 3 bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to make sure I understand this point. Is your point that if you put the original raiser on such a wide range of hands as to make a bet a good idea on the flop than you should bet for value preflop?

I am a bit confused because I know in some situations you should stab with a pair like this on an a high board.

GL at wsop btw Paluka.

theBruiser500
06-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Okay guys I agree should have 3 bet preflop, moving past that though, should I have done something else somewhere postflop?

Robb
06-09-2005, 06:57 PM
I don't call that flop unless I planned on taking it away from UTG on a later street.

The turn card makes a turn lead bet a pretty attractive place for that.

Robb
06-09-2005, 07:03 PM
I believe he's implying you need to put the pressure on your opponent to increase the likelihood that he/she folds the best hand -- if you're going to play postflop.

Check calling doesn't do a whole lot of that.

I personally don't like to 3 bet preflop here. I like to get in a raise postflop somewhere.

Allows me to raise if the SB leads at the flop. Allows me to check raise the pfr if I choose.

Edit: Didn't see it was 4 handed. Yeah a preflop 3 bet for value isn't a bad line.