PDA

View Full Version : PP 15/30: KK River Decision

Levi King
06-09-2005, 05:52 PM
This is another "back to basics" question - few hands on the opponent, but the numbers read vpip 30%/ pfr 2% / 40 hands:

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.66 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.33 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (15.33 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero ???.

This is easy, I have to call here, right? Who hates the 3B on the turn?

Robb
06-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Yeesh,
Tough call on the turn since a pair likely cr's you on the flop and since SB is cr'ing two players on the turn - that usually signifies strength.

Yet I can't fold Kings to one measely check raise with the board -- and I want to lose MP2 - so I prefer the 3 bet. I would usually shake my head and fold to the 4 bet though. It's definitely odd for MP to call 1 bet then 4 bet. Why wouldn't he/she have raised the turn the first time? -- probably a flopped set that didn't want to lose the UTG player. But just too likely you're drawing dead or to 2 outs. The parlay of two cr'ers being on flush draws or underpairs is too unlikely.

If I had called the 4 bet - then, shazam you're faced with a horrible river card. As weak as it is I probably check fold the river. I just think you're good there 1-2% of the time. If it's early in a long session I might call down-- because folding the river for one bet in a big pot just LOOKS weak and I don't want my opponents taking shots. But generally, unless I know MP2 is very LA I fold.

Levi King
06-10-2005, 05:47 PM
I think the 3B on the turn is imperative for the reason you state, but the cap is problematic. Still, I have to call that, right?

When the A of diamond hits on the river, I don't know what to think. When I call the cap on the turn I can only hope he's on a draw or mis-guided top pair, but the Ad completes the flush and gives an overcard. It seems like I should be able to find a fold here, but I can say with confidence that I have never found a fold in this situation. Is this a leak, or do you guys agree that a call is in order regardless?