PDA

View Full Version : Why do Men Leave Thier Wives?

Utah
06-09-2005, 05:38 PM
We do men leave their wives after being married for a long time? I had a discussion with some women who thought it was about sex. I think it is usually other things.

What do you think are the most common causes?

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Nagging.

pshreck
06-09-2005, 05:40 PM
http://www.howardhallis.com/drstrange/tradingcards/1967sticker2.jpg

NoTalent
06-09-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nagging.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not cleaning, getting old, getting fat, disobeying, ... the list goes on.

Dynasty
06-09-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.howardhallis.com/drstrange/tradingcards/1967sticker2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Or something like this:

http://www.nationallampoon.com/supermanisadick/images/dick/008.jpg

Pocket Trips
06-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Thier wives meet guys like me in a bar?

MoreWineII
06-09-2005, 06:09 PM
If I ever cheated on my wife (which would never happen) it would be purely sexual. I'm never tempted to start up another relationship, but there are times when I get tempted just to stick my penis in a different vagina. Like I say though, that's not gonna happen. I respect my wife & kid too much.

junkmail3
06-09-2005, 07:49 PM
http://sportsbybrooks.com/sbbgig961.jpg

Alobar
06-09-2005, 07:57 PM
because bitches are dumb. Thats why they are called dumb bitches

liquidboss
06-09-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
because bitches are dumb. Thats why they are called dumb bitches

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, Alobar is rad. He gives the best advice about women on 2+2.

Anders_G
06-09-2005, 08:09 PM
i think it's about sex. if you were to get laid every night your wife had nagged at you that would be a frekin jackpot. also, the "ulgy fat and old" argument is just an extension of the sex POV as this has to do with the fact that you don't find her attractive anymore.

"I guess I'm going through a phase right now where I'm only attracted to handsome men" -Lois, Family Guy

Talk2BigSteve
06-09-2005, 08:12 PM
The Husband Finds Dead Better Looking???

http://www.icalledshotgun.com/photodirectory/Dead.jpg

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MarkL444
06-09-2005, 08:34 PM
sex gets boring and they realize their with the wrong woman.

06-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Because I caught the bitch whore sleeping with Ed Miller in my bed. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

miajag81
06-09-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because I caught the bitch whore sleeping with Ed Miller in my bed. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I give this gimmick account a D+.

Vavavoom
06-10-2005, 08:20 AM
Because the grass IS always greener on the other side.....

HesseJam
06-10-2005, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nagging.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner!

It's that simple!

kyro
06-10-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because the grass IS always greener on the other side.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ew, you'd rather sleep with a woman with green pubes?

Dominic
06-10-2005, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We do men leave their wives after being married for a long time? I had a discussion with some women who thought it was about sex. I think it is usually other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Their wives let themselves get fat.
2. The wives cut their hair short and become "de-sexualized."
3. Their wives are more interested in their careers, the kids, etc.
4. Men want different poontang. Not necessarily prettier poontang, just different poontang. NEW poontang.

That's it in a nutshell.

Maybe if American women acted like most European women - by trying to keep the spark in the relationship alive, by realizing that sex is vitally important to men - and not considering marriage the "end of the road prize," American men would value their marriages more.

dsm
06-10-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/comic-covers/Pre-Crisis-Covers/lois-lane-covers/1963/lois-lane-40.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

This says it all.

Gone are the days when a young woman could marry a man her own age with the reasonable expectation of growing old with him. In today's market we guys realize that life is just too damn short to spend it with a geezer, especially when there are soooo many younger women out there willing to date/marry a much older man.

http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/wls/wls_060705_cruise.jpg Tom Cruise with 16-years-younger Katie Holmes goofing on a middle-aged man in the crowd who is holding hands with a woman of similar age. [Tom Cruise, You Da Man!]

jakethebake
06-10-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nagging.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is partly right. Men will put up with nagging if adequately compensated. However, after a few years, women always want to rewrite the contract like it's some kind of union thing. The new contract always reads along the lines of "I will now increase my nagging quota and reduce the compensation by not doing all those things I used to do that you liked."

chaas4747
06-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Because the diry whore slept with somone else. Oh wait maybe that was just me! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

langley11
06-10-2005, 12:00 PM
poker.

Felix_Nietsche
06-10-2005, 01:18 PM
........unconditionally love myth.

I've seen many women once they get married they let themselves go (guys do this as well) and stop putting the effort into the relationship they did before marriage. I've think they have watch too much Oprah about the MYTH of being loved unconditionally. They interpret 'unconditional love' as a license to be demanding, nagging, being complacent about making themselves attractive to their husbands and YET they expect to be loved forever despite their unattractive behavior.

If they want to be loved forever unconditionally, then they need to continue to be the person that their husbands fell in love with. I think a LOT OF WOMEN alter their TRUE personalities BEFORE marriage to please their men and get that gold ring on their finger. Once they get married, their real personalities emerge and their men don't understand what happen.

I was once friends with a femme fatale' who I considered to be an expert on women (I learned a lot from her). She told me that guys should date women they want to marry a minimum of two years because lots of women will alter their personalities while dating their men. She said they can keep up the act for one year EASILY. She said some can keep the act up for two years but NONE of them can keep the act up for three years... For women who are themselves while dating (i.e. they weren't acting!), I think their marriages have a much higher success rates.

My brother just got married and two weeks after being married they were seperated with her begging him to come back (during a fight she screamed at him to get out of HER house, so he did and went to his house he bought before their marriage). All during their 10 month dating period he never once saw any hint of this post-marriage personality that emerged.

At the chiropractor office I go to, there is this women who works there who had an OK face but a ROCK-HARD body. Her body was the type that would HYPNOTIZE and MESMERIZE! She has been married for a month and she has already gained 15 lbs... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Felix_Nietsche
06-10-2005, 01:24 PM
- and not considering marriage the "end of the road prize," American men would value their marriages more.
BOOM !!!!!!!!!!
He nailed it.

utmt40
06-10-2005, 01:42 PM
#1 reason men leave the wife...She wont let him stick it in her pooper!

wacki
06-10-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
#1 reason men leave the wife...She wont let him stick it in her pooper!

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA!!!

IT NEVER STOPS BEING FUNNY!!!!!

Dex
06-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Sometimes, the wife, seven years into the marriage, after having two kids with her husband who has remained faithful to her throughout their entire relationship, might decide that it would be a good idea to be a cokehead, screw multiple other guys unprotected, and give her husband genital warts.

You know, just hypothetically speaking, of course.

swede123
06-10-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes, the wife, seven years into the marriage, after having two kids with her husband who has remained faithful to her throughout their entire relationship, might decide that it would be a good idea to be a cokehead, screw multiple other guys unprotected, and give her husband genital warts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget leaving her, I believe these circumstances call for the following shopping list:

One sharp knife
One room draped with plastic
Bonesaw and cleavers
20 large pigs that have not been fed for a week or so.

Swede

ononimo
06-10-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought there was a rule against bad beat stories ...

just kidding -- that truly sucks. sorry, bro.

PokerNoob
06-10-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

4. Men want different poontang. Not necessarily prettier poontang, just different poontang. NEW poontang.

That's it in a nutshell.

Maybe if American women acted like most European women - by trying to keep the spark in the relationship alive, by realizing that sex is vitally important to men - and not considering marriage the "end of the road prize," American men would value their marriages more.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much it. But isn't there the phenomenon of the mistress in european culture? When the wife loses interest, she's even ok with it? Or have times changed?

jason_t
06-10-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because the diry whore slept with somone else. Oh wait maybe that was just me! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mars357
06-10-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because the diry whore slept with somone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

again!

Blarg
06-10-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
........unconditionally love myth.

I've seen many women once they get married they let themselves go (guys do this as well) and stop putting the effort into the relationship they did before marriage. I've think they have watch too much Oprah about the MYTH of being loved unconditionally. They interpret 'unconditional love' as a license to be demanding, nagging, being complacent about making themselves attractive to their husbands and YET they expect to be loved forever despite their unattractive behavior.

If they want to be loved forever unconditionally, then they need to continue to be the person that their husbands fell in love with. I think a LOT OF WOMEN alter their TRUE personalities BEFORE marriage to please their men and get that gold ring on their finger. Once they get married, their real personalities emerge and their men don't understand what happen.

I was once friends with a femme fatale' who I considered to be an expert on women (I learned a lot from her). She told me that guys should date women they want to marry a minimum of two years because lots of women will alter their personalities while dating their men. She said they can keep up the act for one year EASILY. She said some can keep the act up for two years but NONE of them can keep the act up for three years... For women who are themselves while dating (i.e. they weren't acting!), I think their marriages have a much higher success rates.

My brother just got married and two weeks after being married they were seperated with her begging him to come back (during a fight she screamed at him to get out of HER house, so he did and went to his house he bought before their marriage). All during their 10 month dating period he never once saw any hint of this post-marriage personality that emerged.

At the chiropractor office I go to, there is this women who works there who had an OK face but a ROCK-HARD body. Her body was the type that would HYPNOTIZE and MESMERIZE! She has been married for a month and she has already gained 15 lbs... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a deep and broad subject, but there is a lot of truth there. Lots of people can't wait to start taking as many people as possible for granted, and it's especially foolish and poisonous when women treat love and appreciation as if it were some sort of right that can be shrilly and uncompromisingly demanded, like a sort of emotional welfare check, without doing any work.

They forget that men are very sexual and visually-oriented, on the one hand, and that you can't force people to love you or make the terms. "You are going to love me regardless of my behavior or appearance" is a perilously stupid goal in a relationship. Disguising itself as having to do with love, it's actually completely about selfishness and self-absorption.

Your last paragraph reminded me of what a girl in my office said. "Finally I have a boyfriend again. Now I can stop dieting and working out." She was true to her word, poor dumb self-sabotaging thing. This was a girl who had absolutely nothing to recommend her besides her body. Her analogues are, if not quite everywhere, extremely easy to find in quantity.

Blarg
06-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Yeah, mistresses are much more openly accepted in many European countries.

M2d
06-10-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm still convinced that Katie Holmes is a beard

wacki
06-10-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your last paragraph reminded me of what a girl in my office said. "Finally I have a boyfriend again. Now I can stop dieting and working out." She was true to her word, poor dumb self-sabotaging thing. This was a girl who had absolutely nothing to recommend her besides her body.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious.

What did she do for a living?

How much of a difference did working out create on her body? Night and day? Or only slightly?

M2d
06-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Because both parties think of marriage as the end point instead of the journey. they assume that the other will be at their beck and call and stop doing the things that made them fall in love in the first place. They stop trying to grow together, assuming that the together will be there, but, when the take stock at a later date, they both realize that the other person is a complete stranger.

Burt Reynolds
06-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Burt Reynold leave because Burt find hotter chick.

Sully
06-10-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still convinced that Katie Holmes is a beard

[/ QUOTE ]

True Dat. Just way too weird, and too many hints.

06-10-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Burt Reynold leave because Burt find hotter chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

could you at least get your own name right? or are you speech-impediment burt reynolds?

Blarg
06-10-2005, 06:29 PM
She was a file clerk/college student.

She actually had an incredibly sexy body, huge but really high and well shaped knockers, and great legs too. Very pretty face, but not supermodel pretty. The body, when she was in shape, though, was an easy 10 for your average guy unless he had some kind of severe dislike of big boobs.

She could go up and down 20 or more pounds pretty quickly, and was Mexican, so put on a lot of fat in her upper back like lots of those girls do as soon as she started getting fat.

The outstanding thing about her overall though was her awful squawking and very loud voice, and that she never stopped talking. My version of hell would probably contain someone like that yapping non-stop. Also her total self-absorption. She would literally read candy bar wrappers and cereal box ingredient labels out loud to keep from stopping talking. She'd turn on t.v.'s and radios loud so she could shout even louder on top of them. I think she was absolutely scared shytless of herself. Any kind of quiet would practically make her panic.

She was hot, though. But jeez, after banging her, I don't know how any guy would be able to keep from running out of the room. That girl letting her body go was like relationship suicide.

One of those girls destined to go in cycles of guys getting quickly tired of them and dumping them after banging them for a while, without ever figuring out why that's always happening, or becoming someone actually worth staying with.

FishNChips
06-10-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it in a nutshell.

[/ QUOTE ]

A guy promises to love/honor/cherish for the rest of their lives then cheats/leaves and the reasons listed in this post (other than she cheated on me) all seem to boil down to "she let herself go" as detailed above...

What a bunch of crap! Us men need to take a little responsibility. We leave because we're bastards with no discipline or self control. We get fat and the women are supposed to still dig us, but if the women-folk "let themselves get fat" we leave. That's the most f-d up reasoning I've ever heard. For any guy that is using that as a legit excuse, let me ask this:
how much have you put on since your wedding day?
how much hair have you lost on top and grown on your ass/back

For the "she won't give it up as often" folks:
how often do you "court" your wife?
bring her flowers?
do whatever it was you did to get in her pants to start with?

If a guy leaves his wife because she got fat he's an absolute piece of crap! Marriage is hard work and if both parties don't put in the work then they end up strangers and roomates more than soulmates.

I know this is OOT and its not to be taken seriously, but the tone of this thread hasn't been mocking/joking/kidding - its been "women get married and let themselves go, that's why we leave/cheat" and people are serious about it... its total BS!

That is all
FishNChips

FishNChips
06-10-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because both parties think of marriage as the end point instead of the journey. they assume that the other will be at their beck and call and stop doing the things that made them fall in love in the first place. They stop trying to grow together, assuming that the together will be there, but, when the take stock at a later date, they both realize that the other person is a complete stranger.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep... marriage is work. Its a decision every day. And it can be the most rewarding work you'll ever do.

Utah
06-10-2005, 08:25 PM
I think there are some very good answers here. My premise is that the majority of men will not leave their wife simply for the sake of sex. There are usually other things like nagging.

In essence, the plan a man signs up for is not the plan he gets. The plan slowly morphs over many years until it hits him over the head that his current situation sucks and he leaves.

Blarg
06-10-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

That's it in a nutshell.

[/ QUOTE ]

A guy promises to love/honor/cherish for the rest of their lives then cheats/leaves and the reasons listed in this post (other than she cheated on me) all seem to boil down to "she let herself go" as detailed above...

What a bunch of crap! Us men need to take a little responsibility. We leave because we're bastards with no discipline or self control. We get fat and the women are supposed to still dig us, but if the women-folk "let themselves get fat" we leave. That's the most f-d up reasoning I've ever heard. For any guy that is using that as a legit excuse, let me ask this:

bring her flowers?

If a guy leaves his wife because she got fat he's an absolute piece of crap! Marriage is hard work and if both parties don't put in the work then they end up strangers and roomates more than soulmates.

I know this is OOT and its not to be taken seriously, but the tone of this thread hasn't been mocking/joking/kidding - its been "women get married and let themselves go, that's why we leave/cheat" and people are serious about it... its total BS!

That is all
FishNChips

[/ QUOTE ]

Men are extremely visually oriented and sex is very important to them.

There's not a woman on earth who doesn't know this.

Letting yourself become a fat pig is the most natural thing in the world, but lots of the greatest things in the world involve getting up off your fat, lazy, selfish ass(and this isn't a women-only thing) and making a little effort.

Even the effort itself is an attractive thing to see in others, whether male or female evaluating another a male or female. The lack of effort to improve oneself, or even worse, an obvious or even willful backsliding are exactly the opposite, no matter who's doing it and who's judging.

Relationships go both ways, and both partners owe it to the other to do their best to keep on an upward trajectory. Though we all have our ups and downs, nobody wants to be part of a sinking ship or a downward spiral in any fashion whatsoever. That's not what we sign up for in reaching out for relationships, much less forming the primary love/romance relationship in our lives, and it's not the way for either partner to address his responsibilities in that relationship.

Yes, like you note, a relationship is a JOB. It takes work. If you're not willing to do it, you don't honor the other person, yourself, or your relationship together. If you're not willing to do that work, you have essentially both the motivations and objectives, as well as the concrete resultant behavior, of a child. And you do not deserve an adult relationship. You give yourself a solid chance of not having one, or losing the one you've got, over time.

Imposing demands and setting standards is not only natural, it's inescapable; the only thing that could make it seem otherwise is the ability of people not to be truthful to themselves or others, or to swallow things they don't like and build up unstoppable, long-term, deep-seated resentments, which isn't exactly healthy.

Frankly, openly, and honestly expecting your partner to hold up their end of a relationship isn't cruel, it's laying it on the line in a way that both parties can talk about and see if they like, instead of behaving as if a relationship contract written down on a piece of paper, or building resentments and losing communication, is really the most productive and natural way to run a relationship. It isn't; only the most cowardly and irresponsible.

Are men cowards? Damn straight. They're total cowards, so they often get what they deserve, in a way. Both men and women have to be unafraid to communicate. If they don't get their needs satisfied with each other, the relationship will suffer, or they will go outside the relationship to fill those needs.

Seriously, from a practical standpoint if none other(and considering health, self-esteem, romantic and other standpoints, I can't imagine why their would be no other), it makes sense for any woman to keep in shape and know it's important.

All the social theorizing in the world isn't going to change human nature, or the nature of men. There's a huge implied presumption that people in general are "naturally" somehow supposed to mate for life and always be happy together. I'd contend it's highly unnatural, especially for men, and all the more so for economically successful men, and any relationship that even attempts to be long-term will have among its primary enablers the ability of each partner to fulfill the central needs and desires of the other.

For men, and this has never been less than blindingly obvious, one of those key needs and desires is sex. Women who think they're making wise relationship decisions by either letting themselves go or cutting back on the amount and frequency of sex with their partner are making a terrible mistake that all the lawyers in the world can't change. If you want a relationship of which sex is a primary constituent to stay strong, do the obvious thing, and do it unresentfully -- stay healthy and vigorous and sexy. Everyone deserves that in a partner, and has the obligation to provide it to theirs. A long-term, monogamous relationship is perhaps an unnatural thing, despite millenia of efforts to legislate them into being and other relationships out of existence, sometimes upon punishment of death. But the best way to keep it natural is to make it -- and yourself -- as attractive an option as possible.

Felix_Nietsche
06-11-2005, 12:28 AM
The Topic is: Why Do Men Leave Their Wives.
PLEASE Respond to the topic instead going off on your own rant.

Why don't you create a topic called, "Why Women Leave Their Husbands".
Personally I think you need to turn in your testicles because your manhood is in question. I suspect you watch "Oprah" everyday. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

somethingstupid
06-11-2005, 02:45 AM
Because they are assholes.

bernie
06-11-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Personally I think you need to turn in your testicles because your manhood is in question. I suspect you watch Dr. Phil everyday. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

The reasons given true in many forms. Attraction for guys is different than attraction for women. Generally, guys are attracted to looks, women to security.

Another big reason for splitting that goes both ways is simply getting married too young. This is why the divorce rate drops significantly when people are married around age 27.

b

KaneKungFu123
06-11-2005, 05:09 AM
Go to an asian country and see the way an asian girl approachs marriage, 100% different then a westerner girl.

i realize that looks change, but often i will see some old hag who is absolutely fat and disgusting, and its hard to have to stand near her in the checkout isle. they rarely smile and wear cheap clothes and give off the smell of death.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Personally I think you need to turn in your testicles because your manhood is in question. I suspect you watch Dr. Phil everyday. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

The reasons given true in many forms. Attraction for guys is different than attraction for women. Generally, guys are attracted to looks, women to security.

Another big reason for splitting that goes both ways is simply getting married too young. This is why the divorce rate drops significantly when people are married around age 27.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

bernie
06-11-2005, 05:12 AM
Actually, these are good reasons it happens. Whether it makes them dogs or not, these are why it happens. Note #3 also. Compare marriages in other countries that last longer with US marriages then say that the reasons above are not the reasons it happens. Women act much different abroad than here.

[ QUOTE ]
What a bunch of crap! Us men need to take a little responsibility. We leave because we're bastards with no discipline or self control.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was presented as a question for guys, not both. Do the answers really shock you? C'mon. Quit being so overdramatic. They're being honest about things that are important to them. Watching a woman become Asexual sucks for most guys. If you don't think this happens during some marriages, especially right after a kid is born, you're nuts. That wonderful 'mommy' look. Sure, there are other qualities other than looks. For the average guy, it is very important for him to be sexually attracted to the woman. Generally, this is not the same for a woman as their sex drive isn't nearly as strong.

One wonders what you think are the reasons women leave their husbands? Their reasons can be just as 'shallow' as you think a guys' reasons are. A 60% divorce rate should be shared equally.

b

wacki
06-11-2005, 05:13 AM
Blarg, you and see eye to eye on so many things. One difficulty that we both share is saying what we mean without writing a paper. So without much further ado, I present you this:

"If a woman lets herself go, I leave. Her lazyness is a sign she doesn't care about my needs or my wants. If I give up on what is important to her, I expect her to leave me as well.

On the other hand, if she was crippled in an accident and couldn't work out. I would have to be a real heartless [censored] to ditch her."

-words wacki has said many times.

bernie
06-11-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yep... marriage is work. Its a decision every day. And it can be the most rewarding work you'll ever do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Marriage is one of the toughest jobs you will ever have. Which is one reason why people shouldn't rush into it. Yet many do.

b

KaneKungFu123
06-11-2005, 05:16 AM
it might have something to do with the 50% rule.

once she walks down the isle and has a nice set of photographs and shows off to her girl friends, after she has fallen in love and liven that little fantasy, what is left for her to do?

she just wants to sit around and watch oprah all day and eat oreos. and she's into you for 50%.

go to an asian country and see how an asian girl approachs marriage, completely different from a westerner girl.

KaneKungFu123
06-11-2005, 05:18 AM
i have a question for married guys: what is it like to marry a hot young piece of ass and have her turn old and fat.

obviously, its gonna happen to most of us, as there arent too many 50 yo beauty queens out there.

has anyone been successful in marriage? are u still attracted to her? is the sex still good?

jesus im scared of marriage. seems like the worst posible thing you could do to a relationship after have children.

KaneKungFu123
06-11-2005, 05:30 AM
another issue is the direction people move in their lives:

the man is thinking: she is so beautiful, god i love her every movement, everything around her glows, okay lets have children, lets buy this washing machine, and get this insurance plan.

she is not thinking that he glows.

after she stops glowing, he is miserable because this life is not the one he imagined, as Homer said: "you want to be a rockstar or playboy photographer, but instead you have kids and watch yourself get fat old and bald, you have a job you hate where they dont let you take pictures of naked women."

Cyrus
06-11-2005, 06:10 AM
"Marriage is the end of Blackjacks" ?

...This can't be right.

Yeti
06-11-2005, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have a question for married guys: what is it like to marry a hot young piece of ass and have her turn old and fat.

obviously, its gonna happen to most of us,

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way the majority of an internet poker messageboard are marrying a 'hot young piece of ass'.

gorie
06-11-2005, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

bring her flowers?

That is all
FishNChips

[/ QUOTE ]
great post.

Anders_G
06-11-2005, 08:29 AM
FishNChips: do you actually think people are serious in this post? have you ever heard about irony?

or maybe i'm the naive one - maybe the posters in this thread really are this shallow/whatnot...

Pocket Trips
06-11-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

obviously, its gonna happen to most of us, as there arent too many 50 yo beauty queens out there.

has anyone been successful in marriage? are u still attracted to her? is the sex still good?

jesus im scared of marriage. seems like the worst posible thing you could do to a relationship after have children.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sort of attitiude is exactly the reason most marriages fail. People are way too superficial in what they look for in a partner.

Looks and are what intitally attracts us to women but what should keep you around is everything else. If your primary interest in a person is purely sexual than a marriage is doomed for failure. Most guys are so ruled by their dick they don't even stop to think whether or not they can have an interesting conversation with a girl before they get married.

I have a friend who was married at the age of 23 solely because she was a victoria's secret model (sorry guys no pics /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) All his friends would tell him hey she is hot but she is dumber than a box of rocks. It only took 2 years before he got tired of her stupidity and now is 25, divorced, with an 8 month baby girl whose parents hate each other.

Marriage is about being in a partnership with another person and sex is only part of that partnership. It is a very important part, but still only just a part of the overall picture.

Before you even consider marrying someone ask yourself all those worst-case scenario questions and take sex out of the picture entirely. If you can't find any redeeming qualities that would make you want to spend time with her besides sex, buy yourself a blow up doll, you will be much happier with that than you will be with her

poot
06-12-2005, 02:36 PM
omg..beautifully written.

OtisTheMarsupial
06-12-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure she's not prego?

OtisTheMarsupial
06-12-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty much it. But isn't there the phenomenon of the mistress in european culture? When the wife loses interest, she's even ok with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but it goes both ways. The wives have side lovers too.

OtisTheMarsupial
06-12-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

the man is thinking: she is so beautiful, god i love her every movement, everything around her glows, okay lets have children, lets buy this washing machine, and get this insurance plan.

she is not thinking that he glows.

after she stops glowing, he is miserable because this life is not the one he imagined

[/ QUOTE ]

This is amazingly accurate.

From my Psychology of Gender textbook

Statistically, men fall in love more quickly than women do.
Men, in general, have more idealistic notions of romance than women do.
Women, in general, are more likely to fall out of love than men.
Women still do most of the housework and childcare, whether or not they have a job.

Things to consider.