PDA

View Full Version : He was quiet and kept to himself

wdcbooks
06-09-2005, 05:31 PM
You would think that in the era of homeland security and the confiscation of tweezers in airports our neighbors to the north could have found some reason to detain this guy. Now he has ruined it for everyone else who wants to transport bloody chainsaws over the border.

Wackjob (http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/06/07/man_with_a_chain_saw_that_was_apparently_covered_w ith_blood_was_let_into_the_us/)

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/06/07/man_with_a_chain_saw_that_was_apparently_covered_w ith_blood_was_let_into_the_us/

My eyes are just drawn to this creepy looking bastard. He should almost be arrested on suspicion of serial killing on looks alone.

cardcounter0
06-09-2005, 05:33 PM
he didn't have box cutters, so we are all still safe.

tbach24
06-09-2005, 05:34 PM
What's that thing in the middle of his forehead?

Dead
06-09-2005, 05:34 PM
I knew Pshreck was a badass.

-Skeme-
06-09-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's a true badass he'll cut your head off next.

pshreck
06-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Threads criticizing other posters are lame.

Wacki or Dynasty please lock this.

wdcbooks
06-09-2005, 05:37 PM
He looks uncannily like a kewpie doll, or a rubber duckie.

bholdr
06-09-2005, 05:40 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/bholdr/psycho.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
My eyes are just drawn to this creepy looking bastard. He should almost be arrested on suspicion of serial killing on looks alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't judge a book by it's cover, man. judge this k-hole on the freakin' BLOODY CHAINSAW that he had with him. how the hell does a nut like this get by the border security? your tax dollars hard at work!

Dead
06-09-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's a true badass he'll cut your head off next.

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU Judd Nelson.

epluribusunum
06-09-2005, 05:42 PM
He looks frightfully familiar. IS that the drummer for Blink 182? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

-Skeme-
06-09-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how the hell does a nut like this get by the border security? your tax dollars hard at work!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't ban him for crossing for looking suspicious.

razor
06-09-2005, 06:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/razor27/InstantURLCode.jpg

HopeydaFish
06-09-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how the hell does a nut like this get by the border security? your tax dollars hard at work!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't ban him for crossing for looking suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, border guards don't need a reason to deny Canadians access to the US. Normally a guy like this would have not been permitted to cross the border. This guy actually had US citizenship, though, so they had to let him through -- bloody chainsaw and all.

Eihli
06-10-2005, 12:11 AM
Reminds me of the misfits.

-Skeme-
06-10-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This guy actually had US citizenship, though, so they had to let him through.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I meant. He had a US citizenship, they can't just ban him from crossing because he looks suspicious.

ilya
06-10-2005, 12:39 AM
He is one of the strangest looking people I have ever seen. Look at his eyes, they're absurdly gigantic!

EliteNinja
06-10-2005, 01:12 AM
That is guy is so freaky!!
Freakin' freaky eyes!

PoBoy321
06-10-2005, 01:21 AM
I heard about this story a little while ago. I'm too lazy to read through the articles, so I'm not sure if it's mentioned, but apparently, he came through the border legally, without any contraband and with all of his proper paperwork and the last time I checked, we had 4th amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizures, so if he wasn't actually breaking any laws, I don't see why he should have been stopped.

pshreck
06-10-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why he should have been stopped.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had a chainsaw with blood splattered on it. They are supposed to do a general check of the vehichle, and a chainsaw isnt exactly easy to hide.

PoBoy321
06-10-2005, 01:24 AM
What's illegal about having a chainsaw?

EDIT: And after looking at the articles, he was stopped, questioned, and it was found that he had no outstanding warrants, he was a naturalized US citizen and he hadn't commited any crimes.

-Skeme-
06-10-2005, 01:25 AM
There was no way to determine it was blood. He was completely legal.

pshreck
06-10-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There was no way to determine it was blood. He was completely legal.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was no way to determine it was blood? Are you serious?

PoBoy321
06-10-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how the laws differ when dealing with a person crossing the border, but I don't think that police would have the right to test the chainsaw for human blood without a warrant (or at least probable cause and exigent circumstances, which it doesn't seem that they did).

pshreck
06-10-2005, 01:28 AM
I admit we are both just talking from what we think we know, but I am 99% sure that if a cop thinks what he sees is blood, he has the right to atleast detain the car/driver until he finds out.

PoBoy321
06-10-2005, 01:33 AM
I know that the officer could put him under an ivestigative detention for any number of reasons, but I'm not sure that he would necessarily be able to test the chainsaw for blood without a warrant, and I'm not sure that he would be able to get one when the suspect is a US citizen, has no outstanding warrants, and there are no other indications of illegal activity.

We've got a bunch of lawyers on here, who wants to lend a hand?

-Skeme-
06-10-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I am serious. You can't keep him from crossing on a hunch. You think they can do random DNA tests?

PoBoy321
06-10-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. I am serious. You can't keep him from crossing on a hunch. You think they can do random DNA tests?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if the border patrol found the bloody chainsaw, it could give them probable cause to detain him, and the fact that he's travelling might give them enough reason to hold him for an extended period of time since he's obviously a flight risk. I'm not sure that they'd be able to run tests on his property to find out if it's human blood on it or if they'd be able to get enough evidence to charge him with anything.

somethingstupid
06-10-2005, 02:05 AM
As long as he isn't Arab looking, let him in. THE PATRIOT ACT ROCKS THE HOUSE.

-Skeme-
06-10-2005, 02:09 AM
They kept him there for hours and interrogated him. Apparently they couldn't do more, even with a bloody chainsaw. If anything, they should've been able to get him for the brass knuckles, right? I'mn sure those are illegal.

krazyace5
06-10-2005, 03:11 AM
They are a felony, at least in MI. They are idiots and are lucky this guy didn't kill anyone else after he was allowed into the country.

AEKDBet
06-10-2005, 07:11 AM
Is this even real? What kind of url system is that anyway?

tek
06-10-2005, 12:41 PM
"Anything to declare, sir?"

"Um, yes I have a used chainsaw. I have the receipt right here, officer..."

"OK, welcome to the US."

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I had a clipper with a nail cleaner confiscated by the TSA, while a guy with an umbrella with a 4 inch solid metal spike tip walked by me.

Another /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

fyodor
06-10-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Despres hitchhiked to the border crossing

[/ QUOTE ]

forget about the customs officials. Look at that guy. Who the hell picked him when he was [ QUOTE ]
carrying a homemade sword, a hatchet, a knife, brass knuckles and a chain saw stained with what appeared to be blood.

[/ QUOTE ]?

NiceCatch
06-10-2005, 01:34 PM
pshreck, you've had that avatar for more than a few days right? I'm pretty sure you have... where did you find the photo of that guy?

The article is dated June 7th. Very strange, indeed.