PDA

View Full Version : Best legal weight-loss pill?

pshreck
06-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Starting to diet again, and it feels like Im immune to Hydroxycut now.

What are other good/reasonably priced weight loss pills?

stabn
06-09-2005, 05:03 PM
None. Do this [censored] the right way.

Dead
06-09-2005, 05:05 PM
1) Your avatar kinda looks like Travis Barker from Blink 182. I don't think this is very cool. Maybe you should adopt my Mussina avatar.

2) Don't use any of those pill crap. Just get your ass on a treadmill and eat low-fat stuff. Eat lots of fruit when you eat healthy, Fruit is good.

-Skeme-
06-09-2005, 05:05 PM
After seeing Anna's transformation from stupid fat cow to stupid hottie, I'll go with Trimspa.

pshreck
06-09-2005, 05:06 PM
The pills are great for upping workouts to 90 minutes, and seriously speed up weight loss.

God I miss ephedra.

ChoicestHops
06-09-2005, 05:06 PM
When I lost alot of weight I would eat pretty much anything I wanted to during the day, just no food after 6pm. Then I would finish the night binge drinking vodka. That and alot of cigarettes dropped me 30 lbs in about two months.

tbach24
06-09-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After seeing Anna's transformation from stupid fat cow to stupid hottie, I'll go with Trimspa.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think she actually did trimspa. IIRC, she had plastic surgery.

-Skeme-
06-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Do you mean liposuction?

tbach24
06-09-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean liposuction?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that and some other crap.

pshreck
06-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Trimspa is a joke and everyone else is yelling at me.

Please give me real responses.

TStoneMBD
06-09-2005, 05:13 PM
im interested to see if this stuff really does work and whether or not its dangerous to take these drugs. ive heard some bad stuff about these drugs so i never seriously considered taking them. ive taken stacker2 before, but it gave me some pretty bad headaches so i stopped. for those that dont know, stacker2 makes your stomach feel like its full so you dont feel that you need to eat much. it apparently does work but i wasnt on it long enough to truly tell. its supposed to be a pretty safe weight loss drug from my understanding, but some people do get some side effects (headaches) and they tell you to stop taking it if you do.

more serious posts please.

ChoicestHops
06-09-2005, 05:14 PM
I have a bottle of Stacker 2. I didnt lose weight off it, I just like the jacked feeling I get when I take one on an empty stomach.

But you are right, it makes you not want food.

IndieMatty
06-09-2005, 05:15 PM
xantrex (the blue bottle)is full of guarana and makes you poop after meals. Do 20 days of that. DRINK A LOT OF WATER.

tbach24
06-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Adderrall

Not even kidding, I usually am hungry all the time and I took one of these and didn't eat for 50 hours. I didn't sleep for 45 but that's besides the point.

TStoneMBD
hrm maybe i will have to try that. i already drink lots of water so if its a safe drug then it sounds good. anyone else know about this?

whiskeytown
I have no responses for you - I don't know.

but I was gonna take a couple weeks, just eat lean cuisine and lite meals like the frozen kind, skip coke, and see how it goes - I'll let you know - will probably start it after work this week

RB

ceyoung
06-09-2005, 05:20 PM
since ephedra is no longer available, most of the pills are just caffiene, and green tea extract, and sometimes synephrine (stuff in cold medicine i think). they really aren't very effective at all. try to find someone that stocked up on ephedra before it became illegal.

RunDownHouse
06-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Want ephedrine? (http://www.dynamicfitness.com/products/Sports-Nutrition-and-Vitamins/Ephedrine/Vasopro-48-Count.--IN-STOCK!.html)
I've ordered from these guys before. Take with an Excedrin Migraine or something like that to get the equivalent of the ECA stack.

NOTE: I'm not a doctor, don't take this stuff without consulting a doctor, this could kill you, etc.

EDIT: I just noticed they say they don't ship to TN. My last order was 2-3 months ago and they did then, so maybe they do anyways, or maybe they changed it since then. Whatever.

nothumb
06-09-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
God I miss ephedra.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't they still sell ephedrine? I have a bottle of it in my truck.

NT

The Goober
[ QUOTE ]
God I miss ephedra.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this [censored] supposed to be coming back soon? I thought the court decided the FDA didn't have enough evidence to ban it? Anyone know what the status of this is?

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]
xantrex (the blue bottle)is full of guarana and makes you poop after meals. Do 20 days of that. DRINK A LOT OF WATER.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of trying this one.

This worked for you how...

less appetite? more energy? sped up metabolism?

kerssens
CLA

pshreck
06-09-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God I miss ephedra.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't they still sell ephedrine? I have a bottle of it in my truck.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

FDA banned it as part of any dietary supplement. You can get it for like asthma problems I think, but its not the same pill and you need to mix it... etc.

steelcmg
06-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Just do some crystal meth u will be all hyper and never want to eat i assure u will lose weight if u find a girl or 2 u can bang for hours.

ChoicestHops
06-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Screw ice just get some coke.

-Skeme-
06-09-2005, 05:25 PM
I don't get how making you poop would make you lose weight. It's not your poop that makes you fat.

ceyoung
06-09-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CLA

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't do that much, and its expensive

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get how making you poop would make you lose weight. It's not your poop that makes you fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you eat your own poop.

IndieMatty
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of trying this one.

This worked for you how...

less appetite? more energy? sped up metabolism?

[/ QUOTE ]

1 and 2 totally. Metabolism? that's the universal question. When I first took it, a year ago, I'd take it before lunch and like clockwork have close to diarea and hour or so after eating. I took it a few months ago and it pretty much just made me sweat alot.

pshreck
06-09-2005, 05:27 PM
What about the ultra-expensive leptoprin?

The commercials brag that they are so expensive... because they act like they are the only legitimate proven weight loss pill.

nothumb
06-09-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FDA banned it as part of any dietary supplement. You can get it for like asthma problems I think, but its not the same pill and you need to mix it... etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. Well I've still got some. Am I in trouble?

NT

kerssens
06-09-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CLA

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't do that much, and its expensive

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on the person I think. Like the OP I used hydroxycut with ephedra and I tried the ephedra free stuff a while ago and I felt immune. CLA gave me the "jittery" feeling when I started taking it that hydroxycut used to.

-Skeme-
06-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Really now, why would it? Unless it makes you poop out something extra than the food you already ate, it'd just keep you idling at the same weight, wouldn't it? I think you should just start doing lots of cardio and eating right.

pshreck
06-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Interesting...

did you lose a good amount of weight in that 3 week period?

Usually with my running and low calorie diets + an effective pill, I look to lose about 25 pounds in the first 3 weeks.

Skipbidder
06-09-2005, 05:32 PM
You are not going to find anything that is simultaneously effective and safe.

Dietary supplements in the US are effectively unregulated. Numerous studies have shown over and over again that what is claimed on the bottle's label frequently has little correspondence to what is actually IN the bottle.

There are prescription options. They all suck--either from a safety or efficacy point of view--and sometimes both. (I've never prescribed one, by the way.)

A stimulant can help. (Most of the prescription agents are stimulants.) You run into safety issues here. If you take a small enough amount to be safe, you probably aren't going to see that big of an effect.

The shitty truth is that the best way to do this is to eat less and exercise more. That's no fun, which is why there is such a booming market for pills.

You should be able to find something to change about your life that will help you. If you drink a lot of regular soda, find a diet that you can stomach. (The new splenda-sweetened ones are pretty good. I like Pepsi One and the Diet Cherry Pepsi.) Stop eating fast food (or at least cut down). Find something lower calorie that you can tolerate to snack on. Make sure it is around. If you have junk in the house, you are going to eat junk.

None of this is particularly easy. Good luck.

IndieMatty
06-09-2005, 05:35 PM
not really. but I don''t adhere to anything to strict.

gvibes
06-09-2005, 05:40 PM
ephedra (http://www.netnutri.com/browse.cfm/4,1807.htm?ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=Vasopro&ovcrn=ephedrine &ovtac=PPC)

Or, "Vasopro Expectorant Bronchodilator"

pshreck
06-10-2005, 12:45 AM
I ended up getting some stuff called Lipo-6, from Nutrex. I always knew Nutrex is pretty reputable, and the GNC guy pushed this product pretty hard, despite the fact that it was around the same price (actually a little cheaper) than the trim spa, cortislim, hydroxycut stuff. Ill give it a 14 day try.

I usually never get placebo effects with this stuff, and I had one 30 min before dinner, and my energy was boosted and I was less hungry. Hopefully this continues.

somethingstupid
06-10-2005, 01:53 AM
Lettuce